Small JS config file mod to gain 10/15+ FPS in airliners and glass cockpit planes

I’ve tried that before: Unexpected FPS boost for dual monitor users! - #5 by FlavorFlav365 unfortunately it didn’t work for me. In fact, it decreases my fps by 10.

Thanks for the suggestion though :smiley:

You can’t rely on external FPS monitors. Turn on developer mode and enable the fps display in the sim and see if you get the same results. If I use EVGA Precision to report FPS and undock a window it will report 1000’s of FPS in both windows for instance but I’m not actually getting 1000’s of fps.

Interesting my GPU was always running at between 98%-100% and at 83 degrees.
Using the map setup my fps increased and my GPU % decreased to about 80% and 78degrees
I don’t have the answers as to why but the map program has something to do with it.

You do not have to have duel monitors to feel the effect. Look at my screen shot.

I opened File Explorer window on top of screen, and it gave +5 to 10 fps.
For me it seems that any other window on top of cockpit gives you more fps when mouse pointer is activated at the other window…

Bad side here is, you can’t do anything within the simulator, when your mouse is elsewhere…

OK I will check in developer mode.

I think my main problem is that I’m running the game across 3x 1080p monitors using spanning mode.
I think I’m stretching my GPU to its limits. :joy:

I’m currently playing the game now, just tried popping out the map, but it didn’t make any difference for me.

Sorry my information was not correct. Using the developer mode no change in fps. They stayed the same so the frame rate counter does not work correctly. Use only the developer mode. Thanks for the info Flyinion Charles Paluda.

Hey no worries. I’ve been over on Avsim a lot and a number of us noticed various FPS utilities like Precision, Afterburner, etc. were giving strange and incorrect results. Guessing they need some sort of update to work correctly with the sim, or they just can’t hook in correctly at all. So I always recommend people use the dev mode built in FPS display when checking their FPS and especially when tweaking settings.

Using the 15Hz option will make all the 2D instruments work at a fixed rate of 15FPS. This should more or less give the same impact of the %2 method with your average frame rate.

In this situation the displayed fps is wrong!
MSI Afterburner does the same. Only trust the built-in fps display.

1 Like

Thanks, I think I’ll test it and the 20Hz version using the 787 which is the biggest drag on my system. Even the 747 would do about 30fps without this tweak in a high stress area, but that 787 is just a dog. Either way this downloadable “patch” is definitely nice as I was using the manual edit to the official file before and I realized it got overwritten with the patch last night which makes sense.

1 Like

I ended up sticking with the %2 fix, but using the download instead of directly modifying anything. 15 was fine, but that 787 is still rough and on a runway was still trying to dip below 30 at times. So I decided 1/2 refresh was probably a better choice than locking it to 15fps.

Unfortunately I didn’t get any FPS improvement but I’m not flying the big birds just yet. Just the C172 G1000. I like reading these posts and experimenting to see what improvements can be made :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did a few tests and, as already stated in other posts and topics, it seems the patch slowed things down a bit. Even using the fix, the CoherentGTDraw looks slower and more fragmented than before.
I hope this will be fixed in the next patch…

Tell plz where did you find it?

You can use the method explained here to find your Official and Community folders: https://www.nexusmods.com/microsoftflightsimulator/mods/34

made a test flight last night from LIRF-LGAV with FPS-Fix-15Hz
After the patch, no reason to use background services anymore , also i set highest priority and highest performance profile for MFS on process Lasso.
Didn’t have a single stutter , great fps from 45-80 , smooth experience with out issues
Important: G-Sync is not working so far , so i just disable it, and the weird part is MFS is still smooth with out any tearing/stutter when changing frames.
Will make more test flights today and if stutters or fps drops will return means that possibly all those issues have to do with Internet connection/loading data etc

Some things that maybe helped :
disabled all monitoring from MSI Afterburner + last night Windows 2004 had an update.
also i disabled Game mode on windows

3 Likes

Looks like great results! Thanks for posting the tips and tricks! :slight_smile:

Hello again.

Just to say thank you again for this. The 15Hz-Fix works like a charm.

1 Like