Small update today? [24 June 2021]

This is nothing new. Their communications have been rather lackluster to say the least.

2 Likes

There is already a huge issue that I see with change-log info for even major updates… so many items escaping the change-logs

Appears to be largely Livery related. But I saw material lib download, curious what that is…

Perhaps something SDK related?

So yeah, the liveries I never wanted are now installed so now it is time to see if I can remove them via marketplace.

2 Likes

\asobo-vfx-material-lib\MaterialLibs\Asobo_VfxMaterialLib\Textures

contains new texture files for effects mainly the particle effects

2 Likes

That reminds me of some talk I have read regarding SDK and Particle Effects

What game version do you guys have now? Mine is 1.17.3.0 but I don’t remember seeing an update today

Same, not a version update per se.

499mb for my MS Store version. A bunch of liveries that I don’t want.

Is my install still hosed since world update 5? You bet.

1 Like

same version after the update

That sounds like you re-installed the whole sim.
If I’m correct I believe that beta testers have to download a separate version of the game for testing so maybe that is what your seeing…

this was not an update for the Sim itself (EXE/Assembly) it was just an content update → same version number

If people were in the tester group for the SU make sure to go to xbox insider and leave the preview :slight_smile: but this has nothing to do with the strange update which we all recived

Yes and it could be a separate version because my community folder is filled (not deleted) yet can’t see them in the sim (3rd party addons, liveries and CRJ). It could be a separate EXE file. I’m waiting for Jayne’s DM response.

In our next inflight performance beta it is supposed to be the steam version without installing steam. Jayne did say make sure we have enough disk space

community folder shouldn’t effect the sim files. When it asked for update did you make sure it was still directed to the right folder for the sim files?

@all In regards to the liveries you don’t want. Select Profile, Content Manager, Search Aviator, Select All and Click Delete…

1 Like

Anyone test to see if it included the upcoming effects?

1 Like

3 Likes

Looks like something to do with an upcoming beta preview was pushed out. However, I can’t recall the last one going out to everyone. ( Microsoft Flight Simulator · AppID: 1250410 · SteamDB)

It appears most (all?) of the folks who got Livery updates pushed are on MS-Store?

Did anyone on Steam get the Livery updates?