Smooth!

Just installed .11 and don’t know what changes been applied as I didn’t see any relevant information, but… I’ve got a incredibly smooth experience what I didn’t have for a while, not even so far in SU15b. 5800x3d, 6900xt in fenix over Italy, landing in Milan (frame gen on) 100+ fps
Super happy

Ps: lod didn’t pop in my face either

2 Likes

Nothing about performance is mentioned in the Release Notes for .10 .11, but I would have sworn the sim was smoother and with less of the micro-stuttering I had noted in earlier builds.

To be fair, I really haven’t had much opportunity to fly during this beta cycle, but I do feel it was improved compared to what I saw prior to today’s release.

3 Likes

So five things that helped me to make the sim a lot smoother on PC/Windows 11 are the following:

1.) Disable GameBarPresenceWriter. (Resource hog)
EASY FIX for PC Stuttering 2024 (GameBar Presence Writer) WORKING FOR WINDOWS 11 (youtube.com)

2.) Disable Windows Widgets and News App. (They fight for window focus and is a Windows bug.)
Bug: Are your games losing focus/tab out randomly? Widgets is the culprit. : r/windowsinsiders (reddit.com)

3.) Disable Intel SpeedStep and set XMP 1 Profile in ASUS BIOS.

4.) Locked my FPS using RivaTuner Statistics Server and set it to 102 FPS. Works with Frame Generation. Helps to flat line frame time consistency.

5.) Set MSFS to run in High Priority Mode always on startup automatically:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\FlightSimulator.exe\PerfOptions]

“CpuPriorityClass”=dword:00000003

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Dsh]
“AllowNewsAndInterests”=dword:00000000

The sim is definitely a lot smoother for me now. I reported the window focus issue last night:

MSFS Window Loses Focus Randomly - Disables Frame Generation (Solved) - Sim Update 15 Beta / Beta Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Try these at your own risk of course, and report back if they’ve helped you. Remember to create a restore point for yourself. Hope it helps someone here, just thought I’d share the performance tips! :slight_smile:

Edit: While this is not a complete solution for the stutters, it does help slightly. Asobo/Microsoft still need to further optimize SU15 to eliminate the stutters 100%.

2 Likes

You put a couple of things in there that I haven’t done.

I use Riva (locked at 95 FPS.)
I’ve set the sim to always run in High-Priority (I use Process Lasso.)
I have a 5800X3D, and I don’t think there’s an analogue for SpeedStep.
I use XMP-2, because my RAM supports it.

I’m going to do the Widgets and GameBar tweaks you suggest.

My system runs great, but I’m ALWAYS on the lookout for anything that can make it better. Thanks!

Can I ask why people disable speedstep? Is this just if oc’ing or a general thing? What does it achieve?

I’m not 100% certain what it achieves by disabling it, but leaving it enabled allows the processor to throttle back if it is not under load.

Thanks Hobanagerik.

1 Like

How do you do on KJFK with traffic and the Inibuilds A320? Mine’s just awful with a similar build though I have a 10875h i7 and a 3070 RTX. Thank you in advance. Cheers!

I’ve been away from the hobby for the last few months, but I do update the beta from time to time, and load to see what’s new.

All I can say is wow! Major performance improvement on my end 12900KS 3090ti 32gb’s DDR5 and certain “ahem” frame interpolation enhancements.

Last time I checked it was not so great performance-wise, but this is amazing! I keep checking my graphics settings to see if something was dialed down, but no.

Way to go Asobo!

3 Likes