So far no solution for the airports winter textures?

Hi guys,

i am here taxiing in winter in EDDM from third party Simwing. I am not able to see anything due to extreme white textures. Is there a workaround to this problem?

thanks for any feedback!

This has been an ongoing issue since I can’t remember when. I was landing in KPIT last night and the same thing. Snow covering roads and runways.

The only hopeful thing I’ve heard so far is that REX is working on a fix through their AccuSeason product, but no idea when that’s expected.

1 Like

Hello,

from last video from Sebastian’s info was clear that they know about this and will fix it in January??? Look to last video meeting with MS and Asobo, there it is clear.

1 Like

Temp. fix: You can change/adjust the general snow depht in the weather settings. It will decrease the general snow depht, but also the snow on run/taxiways.

Not really!

With real weather no chance.

This is an older mod and I’m not sure what compatibility is like these days, but for runways that have darker textures, this improved things a bit. You can try at your favorite airports and see if it does anything.

1 Like

I use Rex Global Airport Textures, handles snow nicely.

Ok. :man_shrugging: :blush:
Nevertheless: Merry Xmas!

1 Like

i am also using Rex airport textures but as you can see on the screenshot the problem still there. Does it work for you also in third party airports?

More often than not, there are a few that override it but for the majority it works.

From the release notes of the current A & A beta:

General Bug Fixes

• Repaired snow covering 100% of airport tarmac & roads
2 Likes

ohh cool! thanks for the information!

1 Like

looks to me its not so much a “texture” problem but more a “snow clearing” problem. Or the lack thereof…

Nice to see this finally is adressed, but can’t understand why it took so long.

1 Like