So far the worst update

This is not a hate post, not a rant or venting. Just a small drop of water because I have faith eventually the glass will spill and something is going to improve.
I think the quality of work has been degrading a lot from the MSFS team in each upgrade and the last one was the worst.

For a US upgrade we could have gotten a lot more, the visual improvements are minimal and only two major airports were reworked. I understand the US is big but is also probably where a good portion of MSFS users live so I expected more.

New features are not getting done, some are really important like replays, some major airports are missing, handling of peripherals is a coin toss. I won’t make a list, we all have different ideas and priorities.

But the airliners are really getting worst, the AP has been a mess since day one and it seems nobody really cares. The last upgrade again wrecked havoc on the A320, as one of the only two airliners in the default sim I believe it should be extensively tested before each upgrade. I think we can all agree the level of testing is either minimal or terrible.

We were also told in some videos that the upgrades would be getting better, tested, controlled, well it’s not happening.

I must say this is rather sad, I understand the sim is great for people not affected by most issues and it is even worst for those with installation problems and CTDs. But even when the perception of the state of the sim may be different for each user I believe many of us here would agree that the amount and quality of work of this last upgrade was a disappointment.

Hoping the next one is better. Skeptic it will.

4 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Discussion: World Update II: USA