So I flew X-Plane yesterday

Lol, let’s compare apples to apples here. I have a boat load of addons for P3D and XP myself but out of the box they don’t hold a candle to MSFS.

3 Likes

XP is far superior in every category except graphics. Aircraft sound in MSFS is a disaster in comparison. XP’s replay system is ingenious in function and simplicity. When MS does nof even have one. Aircraft in XP look and feel like they’re flying rather than brand new plane toys bobbing about in water. Seriously, XP feels do much more like a sim, while MSFS just feels like game.

12 Likes

Graphically yes! but flip the coin and we can say the same about the really important part right?
My point is this forum full of people who like to put down anything else, when yes we all agree MSFS has the graphics, but that’s it, and it gets real boring real quick if you actually want to sim! They need to fix a lot.

2 Likes

They all have pros and cons and it’s why I don’t limit myself to just one of them (though I wish I could). I have never found myself getting bored in MSFS and literally all I’m doing most of the time in MSFS is flying VFR (sometimes IFR as a /A, too much of hassle to go /G at the moment) in the Cessna 152 mod in SoCal on VATSIM (I’m really starting to sound like a broken record with this VATSIM talk, lol). I have Orbx TrueEarth SoCal for P3D and XP yet I’m still flying in MSFS at times.

3 Likes

Well since you have RTX3090, it will help you a lot with things like xE since is super heavy on the gpu side. But it is really weird to get something like RTX3090 to let plugin like xE to work well with waaaaay less quality clouds comparing to MSFS. Anyway, I hope LR will do some optimizations on the GPU to let plugins like xE and SkyMaxx work better and more efficient

1 Like

This thread is also a concern

I dont agree, Ultra Clouds in MSFS go all grainy for me.

Hey those look great. What addons are you using? It’s been a while since I loaded up XP, been using MSFS and P3D mostly but maybe it’s time to give XP some attention.

Yeah same here. I have all three and use whichever I feel like on the day. It’s been MSFS and P3D for a while.

I do understand people who don’t want to spend a lot of time/money setting up multiple sims, but other than that, why argue over what sim is better? Just use whichever you like, they all have pros and cons.

2 Likes

Planes:
Toliss A319/21 Neo and CEO (neo not out yet for 319)
Zibo 737
Aerobask Phenom 300
Flight Factor A320 with the Matavia Mod
Flight Factor A350 1.6 update is a huge step forward
etc etc :slight_smile: :innocent:

Weather:
XEnviro
SkyMaxx Pro for VR

Scenery:
Sim Heaven XEurope / XUSA / XASIA
All OrbX True Earth
ShadeX
SFD Global
Multiple Payware / freeware Airports

With Xeurope / USA you dont need orthos to fly VFR, every road / VFR land mark / River / Canal is there…ok it is still Xplanes Autogen and no it is not as pretty as True Earth or Ortho’s or MSFS, but still it is a real life representation using OSM Data. If you add SFD Global it really improves the default textures and Autogen and it’s all free

3 Likes

Well, i have 3d clouds in XP and all is still very smooth…
And this all runs on very humble hardware
People with their 3000 dollar GPU’s would even benefit with 100+ fps easily with Vulkan api enabled…

4 Likes

I agree, but when I see silly comments putting down other sims, that well…you know… that actually do the simming part correctly, you have stand up. If I am on an Xplane forum and people start saying garbage about MSFS I stand up too. I dont follow, I try to be objective, Would I love to use only MSFS…100%… but I cant till they sort out the major issues, my main one being the USR/USER way points, it kills IFR.

2 Likes

Xp’s rendition of road traffic is also far superior…

7 Likes

XP renders road traffic? That’s not an addon you’re talking about?

Yes it does by default… Even police cars and road accidents.

6 Likes

Nope, straight out of the box, and without cars moving like headless chickens…

7 Likes

Yeah I 've had the same thought too. MSFS needs to fix the traffic.

4 Likes

But whatever we might think of it, both sims have their pros and cons, but still i love both.
The future of flight simming is a bright one, thanks to both MS and Laminar, oh, before i forget, Lockheed martin for their P3D….

2 Likes

I’ve posted the links to these videos not long ago (I’d suggest you start with the 3rd one):

1 Like

I’ve posted a few videos illustrating what I call a bug in the traffic rendering:

[BUG/FEATURE] TAA is transforming road traffic into ghosts (self-cancelling moving pixels)

PS: and not just traffic, but everything which is moving. It is just more apparent and defeating with small cars moving.

1 Like