So it's fair to say...You really can't play VR unless you have a top of the line PC

With a 2080TI you should have strong super sampling capabilities (it seems to me all ‘TI’ cards much better at anything super sampling than non-‘TI’), which gives you a few more options. I also find TAA render scaling maximum gain/pixels is 70%. Anything higher or lower is less efficient (either less visually good or not as big a gain in fps). With this in mind, you might want to try out a few other render scaling strategies.

I’ve recommended the following render scaling settings in general for the G2:

FS2020 OpenXR Comments
TAA 70% SS 70% Well balanced gauges and external visuals with solid fps
TAA 80% SS 60% Best for Airliners where EFIS sharpness is more important than external view
TAA 60% SS 100% Best for analog gauges GA aircraft with super detailed outside view.

My 2070 SUPER VR settings and suggestion (Reverb G2 - WMR)

I believe you could go TAA 70 SS 100 with the 2080TI without motion reproj. and get much better visuals, or you could use TAA 80 SS 70 and get better visuals than 90/60 you’re using with the same perf overall.

In essence, the trick is finding how much pixels your hardware can push, and then exploit the capability of the CAS Shader which is enlarging the FS2020 render res. into the OpenXR post-process render res. and creating higher details with its local contrast enhancement algorithm.

On my test system, the hardware can push about 2K x 2K rendering res. without motion reproj. (which is about the G2 render res.) and a little more than 1.5K x 1.5K with motion reproj. I’d very much like to know how the 2080TI is running when fine tuning all this.

1 Like