So Long to Start. Want fly 1hour, wait to main screen 15 mins

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

Tested. No measurable change.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Brief description of the issue:

It can take up to 15 minutes to load to the main menu. After that no issues with load times.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Not required.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start sim.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

R7 5800X, 3080, 32GB RAM, 970 EVO Plus, X570 Platform.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Sim Update 4. First start was super fast. Ever since it can take up to 15 minutes.

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Store

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

No.

Btw. CPU and GPU usage during the loading time is very low.

Check your SDD usage during startup. I have more or less the same system (3090) and I startup with a full community directotry (20GB) in about 4 mins.

Also monitor if Windows Defender is checking the files on startup (this will kill the SSD boost). Is you MSFS installed on your default Windows drive?

Antimalware executable is using 0 percent of any system resources.
Disk usage is zero.
CPU 10 percent or less.
GPU 61 percent locked.

Previously it used to start in under 3 minutes.

Right now I started it at time 19.17 and it is now 19.39 and only just now the main screen loaded. I have time to fly only till 20.15 :pensive:

Yes on boot drive in default location.

there is deffinitly somethin off in your system that is blocking a faster load. On startup keep the Resource manager open to see which files are currently loaded and with which speed, maybe this will indicate were to look.

Do you have a second drive you can move the Package directory to? If so I would suggest doing that, keep C as clean as possible.

Will do. Thanks for taking the troubld to respond.

sure no problem - 15min loading can not be normal and since we have almost the same system (expect GPU and SDD - have my on a own 1TB SSD) I am 90% sure it is not the same but your system that can easily be fixed by yourself and there is nothing ASOBo can do here to help.

[edit: Ignore this first bit - I am either dumb or my eyes are shot (possibly both)]
Apologies if this has already been answered or suggested (I couldn’t see it) but have you tried with the community folder empty? Livery and scenery packs can take a long time to load.
[/edit]

Also, it’s unlikely, but check that windows is not compressing the drive to save space (right click on the drive and check properties)

@TwoSuitz see hist first post :wink:

good catch, since it is on default C: this can happen, totally forgot about this in my first respose xD

:man_facepalming: I looked SPECIFICALLY for that, yet somehow I managed to miss it!

Thank you. I shall check that. I only have the A32NX mod at 2 liveries. That’s all. But I will check drive compression. Thank you.

Are you using a system managed pagefile? No pagefile? If system managed can you reset it, then reboot your PC then manually create one to say 8GB? Then test.

Try deleting rolling cache if you use it - could be corrupt somewhere? Similarly a fresh install might help, albeit not a trivial download.

Thank you. Will try deleting cache. Don’t think I can do a redownload right now. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Well leave that as absolute last option. Thanks.

Thank you. Will try this too.

1 Like

Mine always takes 3 x longer to load when the WiFi speeds are low

Thanks but unlikely to be an internet speed issue. My connection is wired, reliable and I have checked speeds. Unless something is blocking speeds on windows as it does for store downloads. :neutral_face:

Are you launching the sim with a -fastlaunch argument? That eliminates the partner logo animations and starts loading where you first see scenery screenshots.

No. I’m not. How does one do that?