So, no developer update this week

…or did I miss it?

Anyone know if we’re going to get one?

it’s thanksgiving holiday in US.

2 Likes

So? They seem to be everywhere BUT the USA.

5 Likes

Good point. They didn’t say there wouldn’t be an update either.

That’s why I’m puzzled by all this non-communication, especially given all the current problems after SU7.

12 Likes

If you look at November 18th dev update, at the very bottom of the blog it says the next dev update is Nov 25. I guess with the very negative feedback with SU7, they are not ready to make an announcement in the next update.

3 Likes

No dev update this week

I think that this week it was time to show our face, after the amount of errors that the new update has brought, that it is a holiday in the US is not an excuse for not releasing any development update. Microsoft and Asobo have customers all over the world and for them it is a normal day. I honestly think that they don’t know how to give an answer when they will fix what they have broken.

10 Likes

It’s a public holiday in the US hence the MS team that vets and compiles the Asobo updates is not working, why is that so hard to fathom.

I’m sure they are aware of the various issues and will get back to it next week. A few bugs and annoyances in a piece of entertainment software doesn’t warrant pulling people away from their holidays.

And honestly every update they release has a vocal contingent calling it the worst ever and raging about every little issue.

11 Likes

If you want to look at developers where there is no communication look at P3D, X-Plane and iPACS. We are getting weekly development updates and more transparency then anything that has come before it. I can assure you that doesn’t happen any where else. Oh and did we ever get development updates in the 2002, 2004, and FSX days?

I rest my case

21 Likes

Great so we’re not gonna have any news regarding the much needed Hotfix until next week? This is absolutely appalling.

And I’m really not sure what people think is or needs hotfixing. What is this “much needed hotfix” for? The VR toolbar is the only possible candidate and yet there is such an easy workaround. If you check the forum threads, there are a few other issues that are tagged as under investigation or bug logged, but none of these stop the sim from working and so seem very unlikely to need a hotfix.

3 Likes

They’re entitled to public holidays off work, just like anyone else. Yes obviously there are issues with the sim but people need to have a long hard look at themselves if they truly believe these people shouldn’t have any time off work. They’re human beings just like everyone else here.

2 Likes

We should respect this public holiday in the US. For them is neraly more important then xmas.

1 Like

The weather needs desperate adjustments I am afraid. I don’t fault them for wanting to take time off. What I do fault them is releasing a “major” update that potentially needs some care just after release before rather than after the holidays.

4 Likes

I don’t see anyone asking for them to work through holidays, but to communicate beforehand…

1 Like

Pretty sure Asobo (in France) will still be working though, so we are only not getting a dev update. It’s not that big of a deal.

1 Like

I’ve flown a number of flights without major issue here…what’s much needed?

The negativity around here is awful at times.

4 Likes

I would say there are at least 2 critical issues introduced with SU7:

1. TrackIR tracking being disabled and view reset every time it’s paused or out of range
  2. Issues with toolbar in VR

And a high priority issue with the cloud base in live weather being too low. This is a big nuisance, but not critical since there is a workaround. You can set the weather manually or use a 3rd party weather injector.

1 Like

It’s certainly implied in this thread, even if it’s not expressly said. It’s just indicative of the modern day instant gratification culture that’s infested modern day humanity. But, that’s not for discussion here I suppose. The point is, they’re entitled to time off, and people really need to exercise patience. And understand that Rome wasn’t built in a day.

5 Likes

Yes, but earlier versions didn’t get an obligatory update every month or two that broke a lot of stuff that previously worked. They were a stable platform. If there were issues, they were known.
If you make a product that is changed constantly you need to communicate with your customers. The radio silence i strange.

2 Likes