So, now a MSFS keyboard question

Xbox version, Velocity one yoke, Velocity rudders, wireless mouse, wireless compact keyboard.
So, it seems my keyboard works for typing text but not issuing FS commands.
The software does list it as a control device and I can fill in text boxes with the keyboard but FS doesn’t seem to recognize it for commands.
It’s a compact (no number pad) MACALLY wireless keyboard.
None of the Keyboard “default” profile commands work and if I try to set up a command manually and use “search by input” … it does not see any input from the keyboard.
Once again, am I missing a (not so) obvious setting or necessary setup step with my hardware configuration? I’m also assuming the keyboard commands should work with my other devices. (?)
Hope this makes sense… Can anybody set me in the right direction?
Thanks!

I have a “regular” Bluetooth keyboard with a mouse and Hotas one and I have no problems. Does the keyboard show up properly in the options area? I suspect the fact it’s compact has something to do with it.

I don’t have a keyboard connected to an XBox but is there such a thing as “XBox Compatable” equipment? Could you temp attach to a PC and verify all the keys do in fact work?

Yup… the keyboard shows up in the device option list and works fine when filling in “text fields” like doing a search in various screens for options etc. The issue is the software doesn’t respond to the keyboard for software FS commands… for example like camera movements and such. I suppose trying a different keyboard would be the next step.

It’s definitely the keyboard. Try something else. I have a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard /mouse from Walmart…20 bucks

Hello
I have two newbie questions…

1. are there any gaming keyboards that can be used for MSFS on XBOX S ? ( For example: Redragon K585 DITI One-Handed RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard )
  2. anything to consider before selecting the wireless keyboard/mouse (the regular types).

Thanks in advance!

I got the cheapest Bluetooth keyboard/mouse I could find at Walmart. It works great…Logitech I believe.

1 Like

Thanks @MSFSFreak2019