So what's "need to update packages" about?

Yeah, I was able to fix it by doing data in the general options and switched the Online functionality to on.

I’m redoing my flight to Hawaii right now so I’ll see how it goes. When I opened up the content manager there was one minor update that wasn’t downloaded yet. I downloaded it and it said I now have 0 updates available, so I’ll see if that fixed the issue.

Weird because that was the first time I got the message.

Update:

I just got the pop-up message again, this time only an hour and a half into the same exact flight from before. However, this time I selected “No” instead of “yes” and the message disappeared and my flight continued. So maybe just be careful and always select “No.”

This reminds me of the annoying obtrusive pop-up message from earlier in the sim that said “offline.”

Hi @FearlessTiara18,
Have you noticed if you have lost any profile hours?

This fixed my problem from yesterday when I got the message during flight and clicked “No”. It apparently kicked me offline making the marketplace unavailable. I went into options → general → data and turned online functionality back on since it turned it off when I clicked “No” to the popup message. After applying and saving those changes, it restarted to the press any key to start screen and reloaded. Everything is back to normal now. If you don’t want to lose your flight in progress, click “No” to the prompt and just know you need to go into the settings to go back “online” after.

1 Like

So I checked this morning and my marketplace is grayed out and my logbook is empty. And yes, it looks like I’ve lost profile hours.

Thank you for responding back!

Not sure what is related but many reports on the forum right now ranging from greyed out market place and/or lost profile hours and logbooks.
This topic has been escalated to QA (mostly profile hours, but also could be other statistics):
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/playtime-gone-missing/388213/33

1 Like

I had this notice while on a 17hr flight in 787 but it just pause me, and I was able to select no and resume my flight. However, it did immediately change atc voices and online weather - went to clear skies. Now it pops up when Start a new flight at random times. I do fly with FBW as well as standard aircraft. I though it was fixed when I rebooted but I still get it and seems to be server - online function related. My log book is intact however, if I select yes to update package in goes into a “start any key” load screen loop. Once the message is recevied about the outdated packages, it seems online weather gets disabled. Are we BETA testing without knowing it? They said the beta is very limited to a few that sign up so I dunno. Thought Id share. Thanks

2 Likes

Slow down, full flaps nose high, try not to force the nose down to loose altitude, use power settings to control descent rate. Its hard to master but Airbus are designed to be very automated so let it do most of the work and dont fight it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.