SoFly’s STORM

Looks very interesting, after getting the REX Weather , i want to try something new.

any thoughts? anyone tried it?

Just purchased it. It seems pretty cool. I haven’t gotten more than 30-minute flight time using the addon. But it does what’s advertised. It’s weather pre-set, and it comes with some cool scenarios. They claim I can use the FBW in their situations, but I cant figure it out for the life of me. My one gripe with scenarios or bush flights etc si that I cant use my much superior third-party aircraft.

1 Like

If it is similar to their Weather Preset Pro then you can use any aircraft you want.

1 Like

For the scenarios? You can choose whatever airplane you want for the preset but for this there are a ton of scenarios with narration that I would love to do but can only do in the default aircraft despite it saying we can do it in the FBW or default a320neo…

Product has both missions with a specific aircraft, and weather scenarios. Lots of interesting stuff but I’m getting CTD when attempting some of the missions.

I had a CTD also - the mission where you need to fly the C208B into the eye for 3 min. Had CTD on the way back to base. First one in a while…

highly recommended: paired with the DC-6 its the perfect match for good old fashioned hurricane hunting. As a kid I was glued to that 60ies novel:

Read the “one” chapter and STORM brings you pretty close to the experience:
Kindle Cloud Reader (amazon.co.uk)

Here I`m entering infamous Katrina, boy was I glad when I got into the sun of the eye:

When leaving on the other side, got a CTD - happens sometimes with the package.
Never mind, great stuff, wish they will come up in the future with more missions were you can freely choose your AC - currently its too much emphasis on Airbuses.

2 Likes

I’ve bought it for my XBOX X and after testing it for 1 hour, uninstalled it. At least for XBOX X it’s awfully rendered. I could even say the clouds are bizzare ! Totally unreal.