Solution for Stutters & Pauses (updated for SU5)

Hardware maybe catching up with you as your cpu has only 4 cores and the sim’s just had a HT upgrade. In your shoes I would do everything to cut as much as possible running in the background… I highly recommend Windows10Debloater, it’s just copy and paste into Powershell so definitely no funny business. It even works in Windows 11.

Anyone using the Process Lasso solution after SU5 will still need ot use it as the Hotfix had no impact on this issue.

anyone else unable to start a flight with online functionality enabled?

Day 1 after Hotfix is again completely screwed up. A Gaming Service update was this morning available. But no affect in case of freezing and massive stutters in game.

If I want to switch in flight back to the main menu it freezes but no CTD.
Closing MSFS window not possible. Only hard cut via the task manager works.
Clean Community Folder.

I got yesterday for a single flight full performance at render scale 110 @ 4K (RGB 422@12Bit and 60HZ). What I see was perfect smooth. But this was an one hit wonder.

If I pan around the aircraft the main thread reaction time increase up to 53ms. If not 12ms.

System is very powerful: 8700K @ 5.2 GHZ cropped with gallium. 2070 Super OC @ 2010 MHZ.
M.2 MP510 SSD.

So this make all no sense.

1 Like

Here is what i would try

Maybe some other program eats up your bandwith i mean i have the de luxe premium on the microsoft store version so i close steam when i want to fly and maybe there are streaming devices elsewhere in your home eating up bandwith to.
Also if check your lan or WiFi settings if configured properly like packet size, up and download speed or size.
If you can find it in simulator than there must be something which is easy but Jet maybe overlooked.

Hope it works out for you

Tenhos amigos com processadores piores que o meu e de 4 nucleos que estão tendo uma performace pelo menos 35% melhor do que estavam, e o problema não existe com eles mas comigo sim! Não sei se esse pode ser o problema.

[1.18.13.0 (SU5) Stuttering and framerate drop when camera panning (TrackIR, mouse, joy hats) - #17 by JalopyJetsam 11](1.18.13.0 (SU5) Stuttering and framerate drop when camera panning (TrackIR, mouse, joy hats) - #17 by JalopyJetsam 11)

On this forum page you will find people who have very good processors and are experiencing the same problem.

1 Like

You asked why and I only suggested a possibility … I am not in your shoes but my advice about background processes isn’t going to change. 4 cores is soon going to be obsolete.

Also Asobo have been a little too aggressive with their memory optimisations but I expect they will give a little back.

1 Like

Having the same issue, its very annoying. Was working ok before this update… but it is smoother in flight

Yes the stuttering when panning isn’t limited to 4 core processors, it has affected 8 core ten/eleven series Intel’s. It also appears highly unlikely to be background processes as the frame rate/time is perfectly stable and very high when the camera is static, but plummets into a stuttery mess when the camera is moved. It also saturates the processor massively, causing a temperature spike and fans to spin up, before returning moments later to normal when the camera becomes static again. Suggests it’s a rendering engine bug first and foremost, perhaps a software conflict, but highly unlikely a hardware issue.

2 Likes

Not just us, I’m pretty sure Asobo will want this fixed ASAP

1 Like

Same here, long freezes/ stutters gone, but the microstutters are back!

The microstutters when panning around cokpit is super-annoying. On my setup Intel i9-9900 with 32GB ram and RTX3080, a long pause show main thread activity when looking down at console and back up to horizon view. It became even worse after the hotfix. Hope there will be a quick fix for this

1 Like

Zero stutters, micro or otherwise on my system. i8700, 1080gtx/32 meg ram.

Most setting are on Ultra and I have the .cfg file LOD modded to the 6 range for Terrain and Objects.

I can pan around and it is silky smooth.

Weird.

I’m getting micro stutters when panning and flying.

GTX1660S, I tried Medium and High-end, same result but, graphics and panning are smooth, up until a stutter.

CPU is fine, GPU runs constantly at 96%.

At least the sim is usable, just annoying.

It seems similar problems that I reported on this topic.
Better after SU5 and further patch but still not solved…

([WAS] Coherent GT Draw and) Performance decreasing during flight - Bugs & Issues / Install, Performance & Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

In my opinion this is simply not true. I would love to see a video of you panning the camera inside the a320 with LOD at 6.

After SU5 I found I had stutters all the time in spite of better frame rates. I tried an old trick of using Process Lasso to disable “Windows dynamic thread priority boost” on Flightsimulator.exe and the stutters disappeared.

Recently there have been a number of articles on gaming sites reporting that Windows has released a patch to combat poor performance caused by a combination of issues with Windows power modes and Windows game mode. It is currently an optional update. So I installed it to see it made Process Lasso redundant. And the answer is Yes, with optional update KB5004296 installed I no longer required Process Lasso to ensure smooth performance.

A couple of caveats.

• KB5004296 didn’t appear in my Windows optional updates until I installed another optional feature update for Windows.
  • The first time I used MSFS after the update I have a couple of CTDs. I have only had 1 CTD since SU5 so more CTDs could be a cause for concern. I rebooted my PC and the CTDs seem to be gone. Had been at Charles de Gaulle when I had the CTD and that is notorious as MSFS killer. Tried a couple more times same location and no further problems.

You can find more details about the fix here. The Windows 10 gaming performance fix is out, here's how to get your PC up to date | PC Gamer

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! What’s your hardware specs?

i5 9400F, 32GB, RTX3060ti. Note that previously Process Lasso was require for both my old RTX2060 as well as my new RTX3060ti.

As process lasso is about allocation of CPU resources to processes, the result should be independent of the GPU used.

I asked because based on my current understanding process lasso should mainly show advantages with weaker CPUs, if at all. That is, CPUs with low core/thread count and clocks.