Solution for Stutters & Pauses (updated for SU5)

Hm… would be nice if there was more “it helped” comments than “I will have to try this” on that YouTube video.

Guess there is only one way to see huh

1 Like

Will try it out thx!

Not working for me!
Making no difference, stutters on big airfields are still the same.

After the turnaround i had no autopilot in the A32NX because of a heading bug.
The heading hold was not selectable, also after turning autopilot off and on.
And i had also no taxi ribbons while ready for taxi.

Try to decrease a little bit the graphic settings too.

For example, render scaling below 100 (depending of your sistem), terrain shadows off, contact shadows off and ambien occlusion off. With those settings I had a much better FPS without a lost (almost) of quality graphics.

About the bug you had with the autopilot, I dont have idea. I made a lot of flights with the FBW A320 doing the “trick” I posted above and I didnt have any bug or issue.

I have already optimised my settings and on flights I have an average of 35 to 45 fps.
Above large city’s and normal altitude it’s going down to about 29 to 32 fps.
The problem stays with taxiing on bigger airports, there my fps drops to low.
After your suggested workaround it still stays to low and I had the problems with taxi ribbons and autopilot heading hold. I will try it again to see if it was a one time thing, but without the bugs the performance was not better.

Sounds like you are CPU bound. I typically go from 40 to 80fps at the busiest airports, taxi to overflight.

1 Like

I understand. The true is that we shouldnt be looking for solutions or performance fixes, we paid for a simulator and we should just fly and enjoy. Asobo is the one who should fix all the performance issues… I hope they do it soon… performance is the most important, even more than visuals in my opinion.

Hope you can find a temporary solution :slightly_smiling_face: :v:t4:

I have not the high end rig you must have to get that kind of fps.

Surprise - Surprise ssstttttuutterrrr

Hi … Do we have any anecdotal evidence for change/improvement in performance by increasing memory from 32 to 64 Gb ? :nerd_face:

I don’t think, i don’t use all the 32gb i have, so 64…it is calibrate to work on xbox x , so with 16 Gb.

None, don’t waste your money, the issue is with the game.

3 Likes

One example:

When you are flying, with 32GB of SDRAM, I could only set the Sim Rate to 3 clicks and keep the Cessna CJ4 stable and able to return the Sim Rate back down the 3 clicks and resume normal flight.
At 4 clicks (4X) the flight would crash.
(click is button press an my flightstick)

With 64 GB of SDRAM, I could go to 10 clicks and return to normal flight. I did not try any faster. Don’t know where it will crash with 64 GB.

My 4K display could not keep the graphics displayed fast enough and seemed to sort of gallop. But when returning to normal rate, the display would return to normal and display the graphics where the flight was at.

You could fly cross the USA in about 15 seconds.

Sure, you can fly FS2020 with 16 GB of memory.
But, do yourself a favor and see one at 64GB.
A friend or a store or even a video of someone with it.

There is a real difference. And not only in FS2020 but the rest of your PC’s applications.

One last point, an application and Windows 10 will use what memory it has on the PC.

1 Like

There is absolutely no requirement for 64GB of RAM, let alone 32GB with FS2020. It does not increase the performance of the game. If anyone is using anywhere near this, you have a memory leak.

So wrong, so sad to have such a point of view.

There is also no requirement to have a PC for FS2020.
Or a flightstick.
Or a Graphics card.

1 Like

As it say „limited by mainthread“ it is clear that you are CPUlimited. Altho, not your CPU is the problem but that the sim mainly only uses one single core. Go to taskmanager, performance, performance monitoring. You will see, one core of your CPU gets completely stomped while others are almost idle. We all have to deal with the same problem and there is no way around it.

ASOBO said in the latest Q&A that they will move the glasscockpit rendering to another thread, so this should help.

3 Likes

Hi. I agree, i dont think memory makes any difference. I have a PC with 32GB of RAM; RTX3070 graphics card with a Ryzen 3800x processor. Depending where I fly and with what aircraft, the performance varies quite a bit. For instance, flying around the Canary Islands in the Flying Irons Spitfire, I get typically 50-60 FPS. When higher up, I can get 70fps. Before Sim update 4, I was getting around 5-10 fps more. Then just today flying out of Leeds to Insbruck in the FBW A320 (from Sim Marketplace) , typically 25-30fps with stutters galore. Not quite a slideshow, but not far off. I’m afraid its the same old issues with the Sim. When will it ever get sorted.

1 Like

The problem is the displays/glasscockpits. They are not optimised and poorly coded. Thats why the A320 gives you stutters. Its coded with JS/HTML. Look at the CRJ, the most complex AddOn to date and it performs as good as a default steam gauge cessna, because its coded right, in C++/WASM and nit JS/HTML as all the other default planes with glasscockpit.
He only way to get good performance AND deep systems is C++/WASM at this point.

Thats one reason that i think the FBW A320 will run into issues. It doesnt perform well now and they are adding even more features and systems. All developers like Aerosoft, PMDG, etc will use C++/WASM for their systems. Its the only way to do it right.

6 Likes

Depends on many factors such as a persons
graphics settings
GPU graphics settings
PC configuration and hardware (including amount of memory)

And, a persons visual experience.

I fly 4K with 100, 200, 200 with 7 FPS to 24 FPS
and the graphics is fine and the WTCJ4 flies fine.

Ron, please post screenshots of your flight simulator settings, performance manager and enable developer mode - with both 32 & 64GB of memory.