Solution: Low fps / Stutters,

Hello,

let me introduce myself I have been a fan of sims for a very, very long time and I discovered MSFS with great joy except for the performances which I think are a problem for all, so I decided to give you some tips that helped me a lot.

Windows settings:

Go to settings / Privacy and remove all that is not useful (a lot of things for gaming)

Settings / Game Mode on Disable

Go to windows search / Type Graphics and open graphics settings. Disable High Hardware Acceleration

Programs useful for you:

MemReduct, will help you a lot for the long haul, it cleans your memory to furs and as you go

Process Lasso: Will help you with your CPU (MainThread)

Park control: Will help you boost your CPU and its frequency (Quite Useful for MainThread)

MSI Afterburner: Will help you boost your GPU (Be careful not to overclocking).

MSI Mode Utily V3.0; Will help you for boost your GPU

BIOS: Disable Hyper-Threading, SVT, Virtualization tech, Intel C State / Activate the X.M.P profile for the ram

Optimization User.cfg: Go to C: \ Users \ 
 \ AppData \ Local \ Packages \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe \ LocalCache.

If you really have very little fps, change the SecondaryScaling to 0.800000

The registry: (make a backup of your registry before).

Type Windows R and note Regedit open it.
Copy the following lines after computer.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Multimedia \ SystemProfile double click on SystemResponsieve and put the value 0

There is a lot more to modify in the register unfortunately it would take me too long to explain everything to you, if I see that you appreciate my work I will make you a special for the register

NVIDIA settings: Update your drivers via Nvidia GeForce Experience.

Go to the control panel:

Adjust the size and position of the desk:

If you are limited by the CPU (MainThread):

If you are limited by the GPU:

The best settings that I found after all the possible tests:

nvidia 1
nvidia 2
nvidia 3
nvidia 4

My little advice: Restart your computer before making a flight, When you fly try to have as few windows open (especially Google Chrome).

I’m not saying my settings are the best but give it a try and tell me what you think, I will do part 2 as this is only part of my optimizations.

Have a nice flight!

Most of the stutter people have already tried each and everyone of these (except for the ones in french I failed french in High School) and have varied results.

Example would be sometime with hags on the game will actually run better then when its off, but then tomorrow rolls around and its the exact opposite go figure.

I think most of us are waiting for the 27th update and see everything go back to normal like they used to be
 ;p

Oh yeah and a mod will probably close this thread and move it to one of the ‘other’ thread.

These temps, I’m just giving a few quick tips, and I don’t think everyone has tried all of the “tweaks” yet.

the hags the xbox game options services and the ones I could read, the ones in french like I said I cant read french. Not trying to be a ***** or anything. In fact it was a well written up summary.

The one thing I found helped me, here in the states cable companies are using Intel chipset in there modems, these use the puma chipsets, and you get alot of buffer bloat. I have one of these and plan to replace with a broadcom chipset in the near future.

My router allows to to set a antibuffer bloat setting so that I can get a connection at a true speed. Bufferbloat is when you modem receives information faster then it can be processed. Causing 1000’s of ms of lag. Once I trimmed that out with my router, the stutters have disappeared for the most part.

So I hope when I switch out for the new modem my problem will be solved and I can set my router back into normal mode. ;p

every update my performance has been degrading slowly. since last weeks 1.17.3.0 even my main menu performance is horrific now. I rarely bother with MSFS, mostly xplane it is.

Hello, indeed this is not normal given the specifications you have. Did you change the power management to High performance?

You’ve obviously gone to a lot of trouble here so thank you for that. Like many others I have also tried a lot of these tips but thanks anyway for the confirmation of some stuff.

What I haven’t yet done though is mess around wth .cfg files like you seem to have done. What is secondary scaling by the way and what are the effects of adjusting it?

Also, when we have adjusted the .cfg files (presumably with notepad/notepad plus) should we set the file to ‘read only’ so that it isn’t overwritten by an ASOBO update?

Thanks again for the time you have spent doing this.

Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

we have already a big topic which is exact same

Precisely, we’re also on the verge of a major performance patch. Appeciate the intent and love but hopefully on the 27th we’ll have less need to tweak - although you can never rule out a good tweak, as simmers it’s built into our DNA.

2 Likes

If your going to mess around with the config files, yes after you make any manual changes you have to mark them read-only or the game will over write your settings.

Another interesting side note, if the file(s) are Read only when you upgrade (the last patch for me) moved the entries to a diff directory and appeared to be reading them from there

But honestly, I wouldnt even start messing around with things at this point since the patch is only a couple of days off now. No need to accidently change something you shouldnt have ;p

1 Like

Be patient guys and wait till 27th July :wink:

Closing this topic as a duplicate of:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/solution-for-stutters-pauses/198328