Solve CTD issues after 1.18.15.0 update & HotFix 2

The problem is caused by the interaction with the servers. I suspect the bug occurs on overloaded servers, if you experience CTDs when choosing the airport or when you press the FLY button, change the server even if its ping is worse. This fixed the problem for me even when I put real weather, real traffic and multiplayer mod.

All of my recent CTDs have occurred while in flight.

1 Like

Here I have CTDs exactly in the situations you described (World Map and Fly button), the ping is really bad compared to before SU5. It used to be 50-60 or so (I live in Brazil), now all servers have 130+ ping.

try other servers even if the ping is higher

the solution is the same for you

That’s appalling if you are correct.

I actually hope you are wrong, because of the level of competence it takes to code a system that relies on a server and can’t cope when it doesn’t work. No problems if it doesn’t work, but it shouldn’t just CTD without any helpful errors.

Sadly the official CTD cause list does list internet connection issues (which would have the same practical effect, assuming the servers work !)

The actual capacity is not an issue per se as one would expect a capacity shortfall because of the launch of the XBox version, whose purchasers would naturally head straight for the server.