[SOLVED] [Honeycomb Alpha] Random unresponsive yoke buttons

Hi there,

Since SU5, all the buttons on the yoke only will stop working randomly. And, if sometimes I change to external views and back to cockpit view, it starts working again. I can’t figure out what is causing this and can’t find anything related in the forum.

All the switches on the panel work fine.

I’ve deleted my profile from the preset manager and recreated all bindings but the issue still persists.

Here’s a link for a video:

Thanks for your help!

Happy landings

As proposed by Aerosoft support, I jiggled with the yoke connector cable and it seems the issue was linked. But I don’t know if the issue is related to the cable or the input.

I have been having trouble with my Alpha and Bravo since SU6.

If both are plugged in, avionics refuse to turn on with the left yoke switch. I have to unplug the Alpha, flick the switch in the cockpit with my mouse, then plug the yoke back in. I can also unplug my Bravo, use the yoke switch to turn on avionics, then plug the Bravo back in.

I’m going to try fiddling with the yoke cable. I hope it’s that simple, because I’ve been driving myself crazy for days!

Both Alpha and Bravo have a binding for the avionics. Try to unbind the bravo.

As for the cable, it is for the buttons on the yoke only not for the switch panel nor the roll and pitch axis.

I rebound everything and set up custom profiles for my Bravo a long time ago, so that can’t be it.

I know the yoke cable is for the buttons on the yoke itself, but I’m desperate. I’ll try anything.

Did anyone ever find a solution?
I installed my Alpha yoke today. After hours of attempting everything I could think of, none of the yoke mounted buttons work. The search function cannot identify them, however the panel mounted switches identify (and apparently work) in the controls configuration screen. The yoke also works.
I would appreciate any help or fixes.
Thanks.

1 Like

Mate, I’m in the same boat. Did you find a solution? I have no receipt as I purchased second hand, so I don’t know whether I can get repairs or if I’m going to have to buy a new unit :man_shrugging:t3:.

It is an issue with the connector in the central unit (not the one in the Yoke) and I’ve seen elsewhere that some people were able to get a replacement from their retailer or Honeycomb.

I’ve left mine as it is as I don’t use the buttons on the Yoke anymore.

This may be a late and a silly comment, but if the front panel buttons work and only the yoke buttons don’t work, first check that you correctly plugged the “RJ45-twisted-cable-thingy”.