(SOLVED) My terrible (so far) experience with Fenix A320

The Fenix is probably the best plane in the sim in terms of fidelity and visuals…BUT…the performance is unacceptable. It’s truly a shame because I don’t even like Airbus very much, but would consider flying that plane the most due to its all around experience.

4 Likes

I feel for the OP he has genuine issues, performance in the airbus have been great. No issues. So you saying performance in plane or performance in the Dev team for this Airbus.

The OP can’t even fly The Airbus…Which I understand.

Performance on Flying I have had no issues, its amazing once you get in the air.

Exactly. The FBW A320 is the only reason I still use MSFS. They have been good to us and update the plane daily. Plus the price is great.

5 Likes

In all fairness the FENIX A320 isn’t overpriced especially when you compared to the MD-80 :wink:

5 Likes

For decades we’ve used all kind of flight sims with a left and a right mouse button to press and pull knobs, switches etc… MSFS breaks with this very comfortable tradition in favour of the XBox controllers and Fenix, who won’t release for XBox anyway, are not able to implement it again so we have to use those up and down arrow clickspots on the FCU, a panel where you don’t have the time and nerves to search for the right clickspot all the time… Asking in their Discord got me the answer “using the right mouse button puts you into the home cockpit section”… what the heck…

2 Likes

To be fair, performance is not great and there are lots of posts to support that. It’s a great plane don’t get me wrong, but if there is one thing that needs improving it’s the performance.

3 Likes

I did go ahead and purchase the Fenix A320 and at this point it’s a disappointment. I can’t get the #2 Engine to start beyond 17% in cold/dark start. There are other issues like landing CATIII auto landing in Seattle was a complete disaster. I should report the issues, like performance issues, but I can’t be the only one experiencing these issues. If you want my recommendation whether to purchase this aircraft at this time, I’d say hold off. It’s cool they whole concept and setup behind the Fenix A320, it’s not yet ready IMO.

2 Likes

I really feel for the many who experience game breaking issues with the Fenix 320. Aside from the taxing performance, I have thoroughly enjoyed the Fenix 320 on my several flights with it. However, I generally hand fly (specifically approaches) to get a feeling for how an aircraft addon’s flight model performs/handles. The EFB tablet is an exceptional marvel.

IMO, all MSFS aircraft addon “releases” are late Beta versions. I eagerly await the updates Fenix stated they have committed too. In it’s current state, it provides an exceptional experience that I felt was worth supporting the developer’s release (after reviewing YouTube and other articles prior to purchasing). I wanted to vote my confidence in their commitment to their product(s), so I made the purchase. Like everything else in MSFS, it only gets better from here - for the most part.

3 Likes

Buying a software on day 1 is always a risk. Fenix themselves said that if you don’t have patience until initial issues are sorted out than wait longer to buy it.

I still didn’t buy PMDG since I’m waiting for them to add EFB.

I trust that in a few weeks they will catch up to all the support requests and fix most glaring issues still existing.

I’m having a great time with the plane. There were so many things missing from FBW. FBW doesn’t show top of descent, it doesn’t fly rnav approaches, doesn’t show distance and arc on flight plan page, doesn’t have independent FMS, no concept of temporary flight plan. I can go on. FBW are doing a great job, and they will keep improving the plane, but the Fenix is on another level with the usage of Prosim software

2 Likes

I am very proud of my purchase. Of course, the first week is the most critical for any software product. I have no problem with this wonderful plane, just a ctd in flight while loading the navigraph charts from the tablet. Then I await the possibility of using the variables to configure the multipanels TSM from spad.next. For those who are passionate about Airbus it is a must to take it.

In my case, the first week has not been critical for PMDG or Aerosoft products, or for FBW releases, which continue to offer me very smooth flights.
Fenix A320 (in my case) is useless: if I’m not able to use the EFB, it’s useless to fly with it.

2 Likes

yawn sure…

5 Likes

So if you upgrade your PC the plane is usless?

1 Like

That is the theory and the risk if they do lock on the Hardware ID level… But there’s no evidence that is the case so far, so don’t take my word for it yet.

1 Like

They allready said that they plan for the future that you will be able nto activate the aircraft on up to 3 PC

2 Likes

I don’t need to upgrade my PC. I fly very smoothly with PMDG, FBW and all other aircraft in ULTRA settings

2 Likes

I dont need to upgrade mine either as have a top end PC, but for people who do this is worrying or if i ever decide to upgrade in the future is what i was asking, As goose said tho they plan on fixing this at some point in the future.

These developers are all virtues… They launched the release before they were confirmed. The consumers who bought it for the first time were simply white mice helping them test bugs… The main body of this game is the same… Then fix the bugs…then we can only comfort ourselves and say: take it easy and one day it will be perfect…but what I want to say is like Microsoft system…have the bugs been caught after decades?

1 Like

i paid for the fenixa320 downloaded the app thats as far as i got yellow sheild with? mark fenixsim1.0… ext could not be varified . open ticket 3days still no reply.

2 Likes

“It’s one of the only aircraft…”