(SOLVED) My terrible (so far) experience with Fenix A320

Is there a question in there? Or are you just quoting my use of that idiom for no reason…

Turn off UAC in windows and or provide you AV/Firewall with exclusions.

There is no “one of the only”. Either it is the only one , or it is one of …the many, the few…

1 Like

I fail to see what this has to do with MSFS, but here’s something from the Merriam-Webster dictionary:

Definition of one of the only
: one of very few : one in a small class or category That was one of the only times I ever saw my father cry.

It’s a common idiom.

1 Like

OK folks, lets keep this on topic please!!

Hi and thanks. Already done, without success.

There’s a great review done by into the blue simulations that I encourage you to watch from start to finish. He’s a 320 pilot IRL and he’s put the Fenix 320 through its paces.

Also, check your UAC settings and firewall settings as you could have set the wrong network preferences on installation. Your PC could also be blocking the port communication between the EFB and the Fenix app outside of the simulator.

Their DRM is similar to iLOK, a very popular licensing protection software in music production.

With iLOK, you can activate your software on 3 machines. And if one machine is no longer active (upgrade pc etc), you have to contact your software dev (in this case it would be Fenix) and they will free up that hardware id license you no longer use, so you’ll have one free spot for your new machine.

There’s even iLOK cloud, which doesn’t require a hardware id but does require an internet connection everytime you need to run your software.

1 Like

And similar for MS Office 365, which allows installation on 5 machines for home licence - you have to go to the MS website to deactivate a machine if you want to change one, but the principle is the same.

And the same as windows that is tied to a hardware setup - but again you can contact MS to get that changed if you need to (say) change your motherboard.

Struggling with all the negativity around the licence - I’m not sure anyone is actually finding the licence restricting what they want to do, and seems to be a perception of “that sounds bad so I don’t like it”

3 Likes

Never to old to learn something new :+1:

yes, it makes me avoid the forums… so much nonsense and clickbait and entitlement…and people who dont read TFM.

2 Likes

Hi and thanks. This video is fine but it’s related to a fully functional aircraft. Mine is unflyable.
I checked UAC and all other stuff and all things are OK.
I can say that, further to a ticket I opened, they asked me the log files and they are working on that from 2 days

1 Like

Yeah, but at least you can login anytime and have the control to register/unregister devices when you need. Fenix still has a lot of red tape to go through just so I can install it to my other device, in which I have to go through all that whole process again if I want to switch again.

Yeah they’ll get there i think. They should maybe look at iLOK and copy what they’re doing. Or maybe they already did. Yeah with iLOK you can activate your 3 machines with the iLOK app. But once the spots are used, that’s it. If you upgrade or change one machine and therefore have a new hardware ID, that’s when you need to contact the software vendor to let them know the old fashioned way.

I don’t want that ■■■■ at all. No I’m staying with FBW the guys are doing a really good job.

1 Like

Have to say, I’m software savvy ( have worked as a dev & also running a fairly large international network in the past ) so it wouldn’t be anything new, but … I really can’t be bothered with activation tied to a hardware ID for some entertainment software. I fiddle around with my PC a fair bit, the idea of sitting down & wanting to just have a quick flight and finding I have to contact a developer first, that’s an immediate “no thanks”. Which is a slight pity because I might have got the thing otherwise, even if it’s a little bigger than anything I’m normally interested in.

3 Likes

May I know your PC harware you are using with Fenix?
Is it working smoothly with high settings?

I am planning to purchase a new laptop where I don’t like to face slow performance and sutters , specially when using Fenix a320 add on

1 Like

Hi.
My PC specs are:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
GeForce GTX 1660 super 6GB
480 GB SDD
1TB HDD
32 GB ram

2 Likes

I am wonder how were you able to run the sim smoothly with these specs on Ultra settings and with Fenix A320

3 Likes

Me too. But there’s Ultra and Ultra… Ultra but with terrain LOD to 50 rendering at 1080p is certainly not the Ultra with terrain LOD to 200 or more at 2K/4K that you are probably thinking of when it Comes to calling things “Ultra”, just like me :wink: