[SOLVED] No Download: Code: 0x87E00017

Hello everybody,

I had installed the Flight Simulator 2020 via the gamepass, after the complete download it also ran great. Then I realized I was running out of space, just wanted to flip the location.

So I installed a new hard drive in the system. I moved the location to the new disk via the system app.

After that, the simulator was still running. THE SIMULATOR ALREADY RUNNED ON THIS HARDWARE WITH ITS WINDOWS LOGON!

Then, because the data (approx. 120GB) was still on the old hard drive, I uninstalled the app, thinking I could reinstall it.

After the computer (PC, on LAN) was restarted, I wanted to reinstall via the app store. From this point on, the same message always came up: An unexpected problem has occurred … Code: 0x87E00017

Then I bought the deluxe version in the shop, maybe it’s the gamepass, I thought, but the same error message here too. Now I have ordered a DVD version and installed it because I thought it had to work. At the end, after 10 DVDs have been installed, the activation and then an update follow, here the same. Now I’ve spent money and nothing works !. I’m a little at a loss because the support has not been able to help here either. Can anyone help further?

Other programs from the Gamepass can be installed, I tested it.

1 Like

Posting this from somewhere else for a different game with same error code while installing :

Replace MCC for MSFS2020 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. I have my solution.
The first installation of the MSFS2020 was on the D drive. After I bougt a new HDD, I gave it the E drive. Then I tried to install the FSim on this new drive. The ERROR was the result of the trying to install it on the new E drive. Now my last try was to make enough space on the old D drive to install it again on the old one. After I did this, the installation startet on the old SSD. That´s it. Now I´m happy again :wink:
Thanks all, I hope my error helps the other people with the same problem. :wink:

1 Like

edit your original post and add solved to the title :slight_smile: