Some buildings are boxes after SU5 and 2 Hotfixes (and tiles that miss ai buildings altogether)- Issue still present WU6

@tamalien , I know that it would be a very weird workaround, but did You try removing the procedural buildings from the Manager? It seems they are involved in the problem. Obviously, it is strange as a workaround, and maybe it doesn’t allow us to observe the newest archetipal buildings developed from Asobo/Blackshark, anyway it can allow to solve a bit the problem - even if some “blank areas”, that’s to say without buildings, still remains.

No I haven’t. I am not concerned enough about the issue to start tinkering around with core game files, especially as I don’t know what other knock on unkown consequences that may have.

However, I think this visual ‘bug’ is now one that, once it is noticed, I may tend to be more aware of it in future flights and, therefore, it runs the risk of being more of an irritant for me than it may need to be, until it gets fixed. Time will tell, I guess.

2 Likes

@tamalien I deeply agree with You; I simply tried only because it is not a “hardcore” procedure, due to the fact that these little files are regularly accessible by the content manager of the sim and it is not necessary to go on the Windows file system.

Anyway, the only hope we have is that the developers are aware of this serious issue, and are working on its solution.

@tamalien - is it worth considering a merge of topics to add more weight to the issue? Those threads I listed above in my first post have further links to other cities that exhibit the phenomenon and show it’s not just localised to Belfast and Edinburgh.

4 Likes

FWIW I’ve seen the same issues too, both in Edinburgh and Belfast.

1 Like

I merged three other threads that all seemed to be reporting the same issues into this ‘master’ thread for the issue.

2 Likes

Thanks for merging the threads and for your extensive testing.

Do you know if Asobo are aware of this yet? It needs fixing asap. As someone who spends most of their sim time in a helicopter at low levels this really is ruining so many flights.

1 Like

Done a flight this afternoon from liverpool to tenerife south on final to rw7 no ai houses at all

Good job!
Maybe you can merge this topic as well;

Stockholm horrible even after the world update nordics! - Bugs & Issues / Scenery - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

It definitely belongs here as well!

1 Like

The posts below were moved from a similar (duplicate) thread describing the same issues at Stockholm

Hello everyone! I have the Microsoft (no Steam) PC game updated as of today, September 9, 2021 (world update 6 and all other updates). The game is set to maximum detail values. I tried to fly to Stockholm. I was really disappointed. Compared to the German cities of the last update that are really very well detailed, the Swedish capital is a set of cubes and parallelepipeds. Even its monuments do not look much and come out of geometric masses horrendous to see! I don’t understand why Stockholm has been treated so badly despite being subject to updates. However, there may be other cities “abused” by the game despite the updates. Let’s hope the programmers see the problem and model Stockholm properly.

Yes, here’s a quick comparison between Geneve (random autogen city) and Stockholm…

Geneva

Stockholm

1 Like

I don’t have autogen set on the lowest, the screenshot in Geneva was taken on the same settings as the one in Stockholm.

1 Like

OK my issue may have been unrelated to the OP. I did some reading and removed the procedural buildings from WU5 and Stockholm looks better after that.

Don’t think it has to do with my computer being a potato or not but thanks for your kind help anyway.

1 Like

Yes, it is absurd, but removing the little “procedural buildings” files seems to solve the problem.
Anyway, as You can easly figure, if these files are present, they shoud “serve to something”.
So: it is really a sign that a serious issue is present.

1 Like

Exactly! Is it necessary to operate on the game’s system files to enjoy the beautiful view of Geneva?! Since this is not the case (and I wouldn’t feel like deleting files that may be of any use anyway), then the game has a bug.

1 Like

I reported the problem to Zendesk Support three days ago. I await the answer.

1 Like

It solves the problem with lack of textures and missing buildings but deleting the “procedural item” also removes the scandinavian looking design of the buildings, such as some of the churches and red houses for example. unfortunately… I really hope this gets fixed.

1 Like

If you find Stockholm horrible, take a VFR flight around Spiez in Switzerland, and you’ll see the outgoing peaks of the terrain how ugly it is too.

1 Like

@DreadBeret59473 TRUE, because obviously it cannot be a solution (it would be absurd if the solution were in the erasing of some little files…).

Anyway, it would be more absurd if it were not fixed as soon as possible.

1 Like