Some LVars for the TBM930: Inert Sep, Bleed Air and Cabin Lights

I wrote some Bvar to Lvar conversions to be able to control some of the switches with Lvars that are currently not supported. You can add the code below to the bottom of the TBM930_interior.xml, so that is looks like as in the picture. You can then use the Lvars with any program like FSUIPC, Mobiflight, Spad.next, AAO, etc.

<Component ID="LVAR_TO_BVAR">
	<UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_GT_Update">
		<UPDATE_CODE>
			(L:TBM930_BAT_SET, Number) s0 0 &gt; if{ l0 1 - (&gt;B:ELECTRICAL_Source_Switch_Set) 0 (&gt;L:TBM930_BAT_SET) }
			(L:TBM930_BLEED_AIR_SET, Number) s0 0 &gt; if{ l0 1 - (&gt;B:PRESSURIZATION_Bleed_Air_Source_Set) 0 (&gt;L:TBM930_BLEED_AIR_SET) }
			(L:TBM930_INERT_SET, Number) s0 0 &gt; if{ l0 1 - (&gt;B:DEICE_Engine_1_Set) 0 (&gt;L:TBM930_INERT_SET) }
			(L:TBM930_CABIN_LIGHT_SET, Number) s0 0 &gt; if{ l0 1 - (&gt;B:LIGHTING_Cabin_Light_Set) 0 (&gt;L:TBM930_CABIN_LIGHT_SET) }
		</UPDATE_CODE>
		<FREQUENCY>2</FREQUENCY>
	</UseTemplate>
</Component>

I will update this topic when I have more switches that need external Lvars. Any requests can be send to me as well.

To set the items, use value 2 for ON and value 1 for OFF.

Please note that whenever MS/Asobo releases a new version of the TBM_interior.xml, you will have to reinsert the code.

6 Likes

Thank you so much, I’ve been looking for this all night. Can anyone point me to the TBM930_interior.xml file?

I just installed the improvement mod, so I could at least find an interior file. I added code to the improvement mod interior file. Testing now to see if that works.

That definitely didn’t work lol

It is in MSFS\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-tbm930\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo-TBM930\model

Thank you! Since you seem to know alot about the TBM have you figured out how to control the throttle with a Bravo Throttle Quadrant. I have get the throttle and reverse throttle to work, and can slid it over to the idle side, just can figure out how to go from high idle, low idle, to cut off.

What I use is this:

<axis0>
				<event>THROTTLE_SET</event>
				<min>0</min>
				<max>16383</max>
				<inverted>True</inverted>
			</axis0>
			<axis1>
				<event>AXIS_PROPELLER_SET</event>
				<min>-16383</min>
				<max>16383</max>
				<inverted>True</inverted>
			</axis1>

With my prop axis I can then control fuel low/high idle, and with the throttle axis I can move the throttle to the left and forward.

For me this works quite ok. Fuel cut off I do by using the mouse.

1 Like

I know created a mod for this, to make things easier:

Hi there, the ignition switch too is not animating properly, any clue on what variable does control this?

The problem in general is well discussed here. Vote this up if you want improved external control and point others who want the same there too.

Not yet, I can’t get it to animate as I need it to… Very frustrating. I don’t mind adding some code / Bvar-Lvar logic myself, but this one seems quite tricky.

Fixed it, it is included in the new version of my mod, which I just uploaded: TBM930 - LVars for Bleed Air, Inert Sep and Cabin Lights for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

The variable is B:ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set, and to translate it into LVars, I added the following code to the xml, as indicated in the first post of this thread:

(L:TBM930_IGNITION_SET, Number) s0 0 &gt; if{ l0 1 - (&gt;B:ENGINE_Ignition_1_Set) 0 (&gt;L:TBM930_IGNITION_SET) }

Thanks man, you’re legend.
The structure to address the problem seems to me consistent with the other settings you already explòoited in the previous iteration.
When you have time could you explain the syntax involved here? Thanks