Some problems with the CRJ

I’ve got the Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Throttle Quadrant so it is easy to determine the exact position of the throttles. Adjustments of even a millimeter result in massive unspooling/spooling. I can’t seem to find any cruise position that is stable–at least in the range that would give me mach .74. I might be able to stabilize at a higher speed. I haven’t tried because my company flight plan is to cruise at mach .74. The other thought is that the problem could be related to the fact that my inputs are slightly out of sync when they aren’t in detent. I sync them manually as best I can and I’m pretty good at making adjustments now while keeping them in sync, but maybe that is part of the problem (or maybe it is just another manifestation of the throttle bug). If anybody knows any undocumented tricks for syncing up the throttle levers in the CRJ, please let me know.

3 Likes

I use the little lock on the X56. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s a video showing the issues I have been having

That’s weird. I don’t think I have ever seen that. What happens if you put in a different waypoint there? Say… the next one?

Yea I know I just don’t get it. I would venture on the side that it is something I have done instead of there being an issue with the CRJ itself. I am the only one who has had this issue as far as I know. Maybe I need to go to the CRJ forums and post there so they are aware of it. I just have no idea what I could be doing to cause it. I have only the 4 seasons mod, and KMIA scenery along with the updated Navigraph data. Fairly new clean install of MSFS along with Windows too. It sure is a stumper this one is.

I am with you on this. I can never find a sweet spot for cruise. I feel like I am always adjusting since I am going faster or slower than .74.

1 Like

You don’t have to cruise at .74. The stable point in my throttle required a cruise at .78 mach.

yeah but my fmc had .74 as cruise speed.

You can cruise at whatever speed you want. Since the CRJ doesn’t have auto throttle, it doesn’t matter what the FMC says except for planning purposes.

Well I don´t know if you fixed your issue but mine was very stup1d. I have the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle and the trim wheel that comes with it was causing my climb problem. Apparently it messes with the stab trim. In my case the stab trim was at the max top and that caused my plane to pitch up and not gaining speed thus not climbing.
I removed the trim entries in my controls and everything is fine now. I could make a flight reaching cruising altitude without issues. At first I was blaming icing or a poor autopilot knowledge, but it was my own controls all along.

Glad it’s not just me, and I have bravo throttles. I can get .74 stable for a few minutes, walk away to use the bathroom and im +/- 0.3 mach. And the wind hasn’t changed & it’s on a straight leg.

Same thing happens to me when I try to delete a waypoint. Any solutions?

What is the easiest way to change the altitude setting? I try using my mouse, but every time I use the scroller and I look away from the mouse to see the altitude setting, the mouse pointer ends up right in front of me. I also tried the Interactive Cockpit setting, but I almost always get numbers that are rising or falling even though I’m only scrolling in one direction. FYI, I prefer not to install additional freeware or payware to address this issue. Thanks in advance for your help.

I just use my mouse and either click and drag or use the mousewheel. Never had a problem dialing in the correct altitude.

Hello,
Forgive me if this is the wrong thread to post this question. Seeking a little more knowledge about the inner workings of the CRJ.

In the recent dev update an item is listed ‘started work on weather API for WASM’

Is this what was holding back weather radar integration in the CRJ? Potentially when this is finished Aerosoft will be able to use this API in the CRJ? If so, this is fantastic news. I was a little bit sad to hear the twin otter was missing some animations to work on xbox but this CRJ news is absolutely fantastic and helped me shake the mood. The missing weather radar was holding the crj back from being wonderful despite its small quirks and flaws. Looking forward to many more hours in this jet.

Oh really one of the most beautyful and best planes is finally getting the weather radar? AWESOME!! :slight_smile: