Something I have trouble hearing

You make SU WU CU updates in particular intended to improve the sim. with each update there is a destruction of something that was working well, particularly at the level of third-party addons that you almost systematically blame when there are bugs, however fortunately these addons exist because if we had to be satisfied with the generic the sim would be very poor so is it not time to take care of your updates so that they do not destroy anything

2 Likes

Imagine if the sim was only available on Xbox, or only on PC, or taking it to the extreme, only on high-end PC’s.

All those updates could be focused on how they work on that single platform. But that’s not how it is. Microsobo has to write code that maximizes Xbox performance, while still offering PC users as much performance and graphical fidelity as possible. That requires balancing a great many things, and by its nature introduces both positives and negatives into the software.

I’m not trying to be an apologist here. I understand that sometimes things get broken, and that can lead to frustration. But I believe that, for the most part, the software team has striven to give all of us - Xbox and PC users alike - the best sim they possible could. FS2020 is sunsetting now, and I think the WU’s, SU’s, and CU’s will taper off as FS2024’s release date slowly approaches.

As @phutyoo recently pointed out in this thread, the new model should create better balance for all, and allow developers to focus on giving us even more variety, fidelity, and performance for our flight experience.

On a side note, my PC sim experience has never been better than it is today. I’d like to see all Xbox users have a 100% stable experience. I’ve always said that, and I’ll continue to champion the idea. PC’s are different. Every PC is different. By trying to please both camps, some compromises have been made, and some mistakes have happened. It’s the nature of the beast.

2 Likes