Something is very broken (multiplayer)

Talking primarily about multiplayer… me and a friend always flying together settings are correct as we see players at airports etc. But when we take off everyone either dissapears or we can’t see them from or in the air also. We fly a few miles part together and she sees me and I see her but most of the time she sees me but I can’t see her or I see her and she can’t see me. Something is very broken with seeing multiplayer aircraft. Would love to see this fixed.

8 Likes

I’m experiencing similar behaviour.
When I’m in a online session players keep disappearing and popping up again eventually.
This hppens the whole session.

I hope too that this gets resolved in time.
I got my hopes when they release the Reno air races as these require much more precise positioning for each players aircraft.

https://msfsaddons.com/2021/08/24/competitive-multiplayer-coming-to-msfs-with-the-reno-air-races/

1 Like

Just curious… have you tried adding them to your group? I tried playing with a friend a few days ago and experienced exactly what you’re describing. When we joined each others group we could suddenly see each other with no issues

2 Likes

This problem has been ongoing for a while, more so since last upgrade, we found using a different server help, multiplayer has always been unreliable since launch … I don’t think multiplayer and VR are high up on the priority list .
using a group can be frustrating as well , you keep getting a message one of you have left the group.

2 Likes

I feel like this has been happening since the launch a year ago. Some nights are better than others. But there is definitely an issue.

1 Like

I’m kind of hoping that they look into a lot of this stuff to get Reno working also. - including a fix for the data loss from profile/logbook which has plagued this sim since day 1. - I can’t see getting a wipe working out very well if they have a league table for this Reno thing.

2 Likes

Yeah we tried groups

Its something universal to do with all aspects of Live/Multiplayer that needs urgent attention, for the past few weeks theres been a lot of server issues. Plus I’ve been seeing a lot more Live Weather issues, whereby the wind suddenly changes very drastically from what is actually happening in the real world, like the METARS are not being read correctly all the time.

1 Like

i have nearly stop flying because this,it is no fun to fly online in a Group…
Year,Airrace and this Error is useless…

They need to fix stuff and not add more Errors…

:wink:

1 Like

This has happened for quite a long time when a friend and I fly together (always in the same group). Either I disappear from his view or he disappears from my view, but eventually the one who disappeared, pops back into view. It’s something we’ve just grown accustomed to unfortunately.

1 Like

yeah this is exactly what happens!

This is like a lot of the BUGS that remain since the initial release of the Sim.
They appear to be putting more $$$ emphasis $$$ on other things rather than fixing existing Bugs.

1 Like

I’ve got get logbook issue covered!!
Just buy a real pilot logbook and register all your flights manually.
I do it and its much safer​:+1:t3::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, i see this issue both in group flights and also solo flights.
Doesn’t matter what server you’re on, though some do seem to be somewhat better than others.

And then there’s the issue with other players showing up as Bonanza’s or some other generic replacement aircraft, despite having the same aircraft/livery.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.