Sound cuts out when using "Travel to" in an aircraft with non-Wwise sound

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes (except affected airplanes)

Brief description of the issue:

With third-party aircraft that use non-Wwise sound (ie: FSX legacy sound formats), using the “Travel To” function to go to another stage of flight such as Approach can cause engine sounds to stop.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Load the Golden Age Simulations Stearman (or any other plane using a non-Wwise sound pack, such as the SimSkunkWorks G91)
  2. Use the “Travel to” menu and select “Approach”
  3. Engine sound may cut out. If it doesn’t, try skipping ahead to Final, etc.

This doesn’t happen 100% of the time, but it’s a frequent issue with non-Wwise sounds (used by a number of add-on aircraft) that has existed since sim launch.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Not relevant to this. Occurs with onboard sound/speakers and USB headphones as well.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Initial MSFS release

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Scared to touch anything here

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

A320 Neo default with liveries

Brief description of the issue:

My aircraft sounds start out fine, then when i select Travel to and choose approach option and go inside to take control…i have no inside cockpit noise and very muted outside engine noise

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i9-13900K Nividia RTX 4090 32gb ram Kfury

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

I have EXACTLY the same issue, I had it both on Xbox Cloud, and now bought a real Xbox Series S and same issue even! I reproduced it on a lot of planes like the A320 and A380 I bought too.

You press Travel To → Approach → engine sound cuts out, it makes it feel like you’re gliding a plane its’ very annoying

To recap what i experience. The default A320Neo and now will add the LVFR A319, A320, A321 families. Startup is all fine, engine noise plus cockpit sounds all ok…i will enter a direct route to destination, i will not travel the estimated hours in real time, i use the Assistance Menu and select the “Travel to”: Approach and/or Final to spawn my aircraft for landing. As I wait till the screen to allow me to “Ready to Fly” i will take control in cockpit and have no ambient sounds and the toggle outside to view aircraft and it has absolutely no sound at all, or a very muted hum…like gliding as horsey9000 mentioned above. I’m not sure how the sound files integrate from Startup to the “Travel to” option in Assistance menu. But all i know is i have a very quiet landing. I still enjoy flying and scenery in MSFS 2020.