South Africa in the Johannesburg area - CTD`S

In the area around Johannesburg, no flights can be started at all - no matter which airfield or with or without add-ons.
If I start a flight about 100nm north of Johannesburg from a small airfield the flight does not take 10 minutes, as soon as I am about 70nm away from Johannesburg, CTD again.
I have been observing this situation around Johannesburg for at least 1 year now! - Is this known???

Hey, been flying around Joburg since launch with no such issues. Sounds like its something to do with your install specifically.

Does it crash in safe mode as well?

I have also not had any issues with regards to flying around Jhb area etc… also flying the SIM since release… Weird issue you’re having, what is your setup?

Is there really no one who has had the same experience around Johannesburg and might know a solution?
I can do what I want, I can neither start a flight nor fly into the area around Johannesburg - back to the desktop :frowning:
In the rest of South Africa and the world I can fly normally.

Just saw this but I recently discovered the freeware FAKT from fs.to to be the culprit. After removing it I no longer CTD in the Joburg area.

1 Like

I will test it again, but I had already deactivated all addons with the addon linker and unfortunately the crashes there too. I will report if something changes.

Interim report: So after complete removal of FAKT, I was able to fly to FAOR for the first time and also start a flight from there. However, I still want to test whether it is actually due to “FAKT”, as the last attempt to fly in this area was several months ago. The fact is that I have never been able to fly into the area around Johannesburg or take off from there since I owned MSFS.
I’ll keep testing and reporting :wink:

@SaffaJake812
Thanks for the tip

Yes, you are right - FAKT from flightsim.to is the culprit!!!
Once again, thank you for pointing it out :+1:

1 Like

No worries, glad it’s working for you too.