South Africa: Part 2 | Grand Caravan

The journey through South Africa continues on from Friday night’s flight as we leave the mountains behind and fly towards the coast. There will be a mix of terrain and airport types.

We have a 2-part flight once a month to accommodate European members with a more suitable time then flying through the early morning (past midnight start).

When: Sat, Nov 7th @ 1PM ET/6PM Zulu
Where:
:point_right: Voice Channel on Discord → Discord
:point_right: Stream link to follow alongTwitch

Plane: Cessna Grand Caravan
Duration: About 2.5-3.5 hours

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat. → Discord

Start: Nohanas Airport (FXNH)
Destination: Port Elizabeth (FAPE)

We will be landing at each runway on the flight plan.

TUTORIAL: How To Join A Community Event

FLIGHT PLAN

SOUTH AFRICA P2.PLN (4.7 KB)

To use the flight plan, follow these steps:

-Download the flight plan to an easy-to-remember location
-Open MSFS
-Go to the globe
-Click “Load/Save” on the bottom of your screen
-Click “Load”
-Navigate to the downloaded flight plan
-Click load.

WEATHER
We will use custom weather.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS
Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable - Setting
Server SOUTH-EAST ASIA
Multiplayer All
Live traffic As desired
Weather Few Clouds or Clear Skies

COMMUNICATION
To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Sizzling Nation Discord” at https://discord.gg/r5tmFRs will be available to join. You can also follow along through the Twitch stream: Twitch.

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use the “slew” mode to join the pack.

This is event is open to everyone of all skill levels and is meant to be a fun event to meet other sim pilots.

4 Likes

First post has now been updated with the flight plan and details.

SizzlingPopcorn, Part 1 of your South Africa flight was amazing! I can hardly wait for Part 2 tomorrow! As a newbie to multiplayer flying, I’m so glad I found your channel !!!

1 Like

Glad to have you around and your IRL flight experience!

Part 2 starts in about 15 mins. See you then!