South America Tour

Just sharing a low & slow circumnavigation I am doing of South America in the KingAir 350i. So far, 35 Flights, 8500+ miles, and lots of temperature and wind changes. All is going well with the plane. Most flights are 200-400 miles on average. Attached are the google earth image, and a spreadsheet of all stops along the way. Cheers & Happy flying. Hope to see you along the way…

4 Likes

Volcanoes

Azul and Quizapu in Chile

Escondida mine in Chile

Cerro Dominador Solar Power Plant located in the commune of María Elena in the Antofagasta Region of Chile

Ministro Hales Copper-Gold Mine , Chuquicamata District, Calama, El Loa Province, Antofagasta, Chile

Solar Evaporation Ponds, Atacama Desert

Lining up on approach for Diego Aracena International Airport (SCDA) over Iquique, Chile

Between the great salt lakes in Bolivia (Uyuni on the left and Coipasa on the right) 12,000 ft above sea level

1 Like

it would take one life to discover all the beauty of earth ! that’s definitively not a game :wink:

Dense clouds over the area of Machu Picchu and Mt. Salcantay in the Peruvian Andes

Amazing :+1:

Heading north along the Peruvian coast…

Traveling north, out of Peru through Ecuador.

1 Like

Chimborazo in Ecuador, on the way to Quito.

Mountain top of Nevado del Ruiz peaking through the clouds on the way from Cali to Bogota Colombia.

Leaving the continent of South America, flying from Medellín, Colombia to Panama City, Panama

On the way to Costa Rica. West entrance and East entrance to the Panama Canal.

Flying north on the way to San Salvador, passing by Volcán Cosigüina, Nicaragua

Morning Flight, flying north out of San Salvador (MSLP)

Great! I’m heading up the west coast in a Seminole, have traversed whole Patagonia now and wondering which side of the Andes to choose on my way forward.