Southampton and Portsmouth 3D photogrammetry completely removed after World Update 3

Clear autogen. My data settings:

1 Like

You can also tell it’s autogen since the stadium is gone

The docks are flat as well

2 Likes

I recommend EGHF Lee on solent and Yeh i have all those settings on

2 Likes

EGHI Southampton Airport. Depart from Rwy 20 on runway heading for about 5 miles and you will get to the docks which all used to be PG along with the surrounding area / city. First thing i noticed is all the PG cruise ships that previously were berthed had gone.

1 Like

Roger, thank you!

4 Likes

I departed at this POI, flew straight. Could also do the same at the neighboring Southampton International airport, and just see the surrounding area. The island, docks, etc

1 Like

FYI moving this thread to the Bugs/Issues section.

4 Likes

Can confirm too. I had fareham and area saved in manual cache but deleted it prior to upgrade, bad move :slight_smile: as it’s pretty much all gone.
Interestingly the solar panels are now showing in the field north west of the Lee on the Solent northern runway which is newer than the old photogrammetry that had the grass field.

2 Likes

Yeh I was thinking that lol

Confirming its a bug and the team is now investigating. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Portsmouth was never perfect. It definitely is still there. HMS Victory is barely recognisable though. HMS Illustrious (I think) has still growing trees out of the flight deck, and HMS Warrior looks as if she was bombed and sunk at anchor … :joy:

ThankYou :smile: Really Impressed with the The Forum Support for this! Is there a time We can expect the bug to be Updated to a fixed version ?

I’m tracking it currently in their system but since they are still investigating, I won’t know much until they complete that phase of it and determine the root issue. I’ll do my best to keep this thread updated when I see changes though.

8 Likes

Wait, so you’re saying you still have photogrammetery in portsmouth? Because if you’ve seen my screenshots i only have a small strip along the coast. The rest is all autogen. Aircraft carriers are gone too… Maybe share some screens so they know it’s not for everyone?

2 Likes

Have noticed the tip of Portsmouth still has photogrammetry from where that change in terrain to darker area
If you zoom in you can see it loading in.

1 Like

2 Likes

That’s weird… It’s not a manually cached area maybe? Otherwise you seem to be lucky👏

1 Like

Ahaha, and another example of showing that those devs over at Asobo obviously themselves not really know what their sim is doing, otherwise it is hardly understandable that they have to “investigate” why a certain part covered with photogrammetry could be gone. Honestly, I start to understand why they promised 10 year support, because they need 8 years to understand their own simulator…

4 Likes

Been looking forward to the UK update . What the hell are you playing at Asobo . You have removed my home town . . Southampton and portsmouth gone . What is up with you . . This was a UK update not downgrade . Pitiful showing .

7 Likes

Have you checked if your photogrammetry is active?

1 Like