Southampton and Portsmouth 3D photogrammetry completely removed after World Update 3

They need to do something about the sim, even the cranes look like they have moss all over them…

1 Like

Has this been confirmed as an actual issue by Asobo/MS? Or are we still at ‘investigating’?

1 Like

Were at “Investigating” as far as Im aware. And also for Me every Plane is Unflyable as of Right now with the flap issue :frowning:

Daily bump to make sure it’s seen

1 Like

Enough with the investigating, start fixing!

2 Likes

Lets face it and accept it....the 5 cities in UK in photogrammetry look quite bad...I did actually disabled them and using auto-gen instead. One other issue is that the new hand crafted POI dont match for colour or texture style so the whole thing looks rather odd !

1 Like

First time I logged on to play this update today and I’m having this issue to so I guess “bump”

1 Like

I personally thought they Looked Amazing

2 Likes

Thanks to this issue my southampton improvements add-on got a 1.5 rating today because of this issue and still not seen any feedback on this issue.

My godson plays for Solent Devils. I’ve seen the 'Bee’s playing when they’ve visited the rink down in Gosport. They’re a formidable team!

1 Like

That’s a little unfair - unless maybe you’re playing on lowest settings? I have a mid-range gaming rig, not super, but in my experiences over the new cities, they’ve blown me away! I suspect something may be wrong with your settings/etc rather than the sim?

1 Like

There’s a fix for this: Flight Dynamics Bug Details

Also see MSFS 2020 - How To Fix Flight Dynamics (flaps/floating) & Missing ILS (After World Update 3) - YouTube for an example of this in action.

I shall add my own small voice to the request to have Southampton & Portsmouth back please. Even with trees back on the Isle of Wight ferry, I want to try landing on the roof of Ikea again.

2 Likes

I don’t have much to add that hasn’t already been said. EGHF Lee-on-Solent is my local airport as I am a pilot in real life too, and I confused upon running the update to see why numerous buildings in the surrounding areas had lost their photogrammetry! I’ve attached a before/after photo from the end of runway 23, looking over 2 local schools. They have both been completely removed.

It is nice to see new satellite imagery though- the line down the middle of the solar farm to the north of the airfield forms a key part of the circuit we fly here, so it’s great to now see that visually represented in the game. That in addition to the removal of the 2 disused runways at EGHF and additional parking ramps.

Hope this is fixed soon, along with the manual caching problems. ![r23before|690x288]

(upload://n2tKddpR6DmNihPxbcMKUddBU99.jpeg)

1 Like

It is Super Disappointing. Worse Part is they aren’t Fixing these Issues until Sim update 3 which isn’t for a few weeks yet! I’m starting to feel Like I have wasted my Money with this game now. I could’ve Lived with a week of No update but then a Hotfix but Minimum of 2-3 weeks is crazy. £109 was a lot of Money for a game that doesn’t work half the time. All My planes Refuse to fly as well, They just point nose down whilst gaining 10,000 fpm.

Tried it But it didnt work for me :frowning:

And yet again another daily bump, is t Southampton actually states in the vanilla game as being a pg area, which in terms of new people buying the sim, this would be considered false advertisement, and would actually break trading standards rule set?

BUMP

2 Likes

Daily bump to hopefully get some news :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’ve been doing some flying around the area and there’s a lot of missing or inaccurate POIs.

Also when flying out to The Needles from Southampton and along the south of the Isle of Wight between The Needles and St Catherine’s Point the cliffs suffer from graphics popping. Flying from Southampton to The Needles there is a building floating in mid air as The Needles cliff is rendered very late.

IOW screenshots:

Screenshots 1 + 2 = Osbourne House and gardens +The Swiss Cottage= Incorrect models. World renowned POI.
Screenshot 3= The Needles- Needles lighthouse missing.
Screenshot 4= Rowridge transmitter missing.
Screenshot 5= St Catherine’s Point lighthouse missing.
Screenshot 6= Ryde Pier missing.

The Solent and Portsdown Hill::
Screenshot 7= No Man’s Land Fort= depicted as a block of flats. (Historic POI).
Screenshots 8 (Horse Sand Fort) and 9 (Spitbank Fort) missing. (Historic POIs).
Screenshot 10= Fort Nelson incorrect model. Historic POI.
Also The Nelson Monument near Fort Nelson on corner of Portsdown Hill Road and Monument Lane is missing (historic POI / navigation mark).
Screenshots 11 (Fort Southwick), 12 (Fort Widley) and 13 (Fort Purbrook)= incorrect models. Historic POIs.

1 Like

Some more screenshots of the Portsmouth / Southampton Area:

Portsmouth and Gosport:
Screenshot 14= HMS Victory missing. World renowned historic POI.
Screenshot 15= HMS Queen Elizabeth (R08) underwater.
Screenshot 16= HMS Alliance depicted as trees instead of as a submarine. Historic POI.
Screenshot 17= Haslar Bridge missing.
Screenshot 18= Gosport Oil Fuel Depot. Oil storage tanks depicted as buildings.

Southampton:

Screenshot 19= Fawley power station chimney missing (POI for VFR flying).
Screenshots 20+ 21= blackline / change in water characteristics in middle of Southampton Water.
Screenshots 22, 23 and 24= Cruise ships / cargo ship underwater.
Screenshot 25= Water elevation issue + trees in water at container ship berths.

To end on a positive note I have found evidence of some good work in the area in the form of realistic models:
Screenshot 26= Fort Gilkicker. Historic POI- Very accurate.
Screenshot 27= Royal Hospital Haslar. Historic Naval Hospital- Very accurate and includes the famous water tower at the hospital entrance.

Devs: To replicate this and see the issues fly south out of EGLF or EGHI. VFR map included in screenshots to aid in locating issues.

Can we get an update on this as the known issues page still says ‘investigating’ whatever that means.

Please could the team look at this area or ask one of their partners (e.g Orbx) to as there are so many missing POIs and it could do with being improved. There’s so many POIs in such a relatively small area that it could be a brilliant area for VFR flying and could even be used to show off MSFS in the PR material. So it would be a win win situation in that the user gets a brilliant sightseeing location and you get a brilliant PR area.

5 Likes