SPAD. NeXt and FSUIPC 7 seem to be causing CTDs

The developer of FSUIPC posted on their forum that adding this entry into FSUIPC7.ini under [General] might avoid the CTD.

ProvideAIdata=No

Edit: Sorry. After trying it myself, It doesn’t work. Still CTD :frowning:

2 Likes

I also had no luck

I just start FSUIPC after MSFS loads.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

The same issue for me. Spad.neXt active = CTD when you arrive to the Main Menu. Store version.

When disabled the auto startup of FSUIPC7 by renaming the EXE.xml I can start the flight and when the ‘Ready to fly’ button appears I can start FSUIPC7.EXE and it work until I end the flight and go back to the main menu. Then MSFS2020 beta SU9 crash again :frowning:
So it looks like a SimmConnect problem when MSFS2020 isn’t in fly mode.
Here is a part of the FSUIPC7 log:

390 ### Note: AI Traffic related facilities and data are inhibited!
390 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
3265 Simulator detected
8296 SimConnect_Open succeeded
8296 Running in “KittyHawk”, Version: 11.0.282174.999 (SimConnect: 11.0.62651.3)
8296 MSFS version = 11.0.282174.999
8343 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
8343 Offset file ‘C:\FSUIPC7\myOffsets.txt’ not found (info only)
8343 Maximum number of custom events available is 2048 (defined by ini parameter MaxNumberOfCustomEvents)
8375 C:\Users\Games\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\Custom\CustomFlight\CustomFlight.FLT
8375 SimObjects\Airplanes\bell 47\aircraft.CFG
8375 User Aircraft ID 1 supplied, now being used
8437 Aircraft loaded: running normally now …
9000 System time = 02/04/2022 17:48:36, Simulator time = 08:48:41 (15:48Z)
9000 Maximum number of custom events available is 2048 (defined by ini parameter MaxNumberOfCustomEvents)
9015 Aircraft=“FlyInside B47G”
16000 -------------------- Starting everything now ----------------------
506203 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 498 secs = 25.4 fps
506203 -------------------------------------------------------------------
506203 User aircraft crashed!
520890 E:\Program Files (x86)\SSD1\FS2020\Community\flyinside-bell47\SimObjects\Airplanes\bell 47\aircraft.CFG
529343 Failed on SimConnect_CallDispatch for Message, return = 0xC000014B
533390 MSFS no longer running - exiting
533390 === Hot key unregistered

FSUIPC still works when it is not automatic start together with MSFS (msfs.bat)

Tested it but when launching pacx he say fsuipc7 not installed and vhen run fsuipc7 from his launcher he crash the sim

I’d be surprised if Asobo has any mod installed, as these betas seem to always break the main ones at first.

Delete and install without the msfs.bat

So basically we can conclude they haven’t tested this build with SPAD.next or FSUIPC.

Maybe in the future it’s a good idea to test every build with most common software/hardware before release. You only need 5 minutes to launch the sim with those programs running and see it’s not working.

This is why i asked the Q&A question about how their testing works.

@Jummivana Asobo/ Microsoft, i could help write a pre-release testing procedure that covers the most important features of the sim that doesn’t take very long to execute. (For a small pay of course :wink: )

5 Likes

Tryed to delete the bat, started the sim and started fsuipc7 and crashed

Run FSUIPC after you have loaded into the plane @alexxxela88. It is the workaround for now. If you want to launch using the .bat file, Save a copy elsewhere, then edit the .bat in the installation folder and remove the lines where it tells FSUIPC to run, just run it manually after you load into the flight.

Yeah… I start wondering if Asobo really has beta testers?

If they do, I hope the beta testers can do their job better in the future.

1 Like

Yeah, seems like a bit of a bizarre miss. You’d think the internal teams would have diverse system configurations and peripherals in use. Obviously, they can’t catch everything but these tools used by lots of folks–I’d especially think FSUIPC.

Well, hopefully, they release some kind of hotfix quickly.

The startup goes well, after starting Spad the whole thing goes wrong msfs crashes hard the desktop every time at the same place

see here: SPAD. NeXt and FSUIPC 7 seem to be causing CTDs

Use myself SimConect and not FSUIPC 7

What madness is this?

SU9 is not released yet, this is a beta test. By definition, we are the beta testers.
We tested and we caught the issue, and this noble community even found a workaround – and thank you so much for that!

Everything is happening as intended. This is not the time to blame Asobo.
The time to blame Asobo comes if they don’t fix the problem before the release.
I trust that will not happen.

Asobo could definitely score extra points with me by giving us a fixed release before the end of the “flighting”. I don’t think we can expect to see an immediate “hotfix” for a circumventable issue that only affects advanced users (the majority of users doesn’t need 3rd party tools to configure their devices).

2 Likes

They talked about this in the Q&A. They have multiple full time testers who extensively test a release before they send it out to us. If they literally started the sim with one of these programs they would have found out.

This is a beta but they won’t fix all bugs, only some 100% game breaking bugs they can reproduce. They have released a beta to stable without fixes in the past. SU8 got 1 patch. This beta is basically a release candidate.

3 Likes