SPAD.neXt Profile for the Aerosoft CRJ and Virpils Mongoose CM2 / CM3

Since most of the functionality from the Aerosoft CRJ is not mappable from with MSFS itself due to LVARS being heavily used and being an owner of some of Virpils equipment, I was looking for a way to get my HOTAS back in action aside from just using the throttle and flaps lever aside from some other buttons.

I checked into SPAD.neXt, Axis and Ohs and Linda (plus FSUIPC). Even though all of those programs serve their purpose and deserve their due respect, I finally went with SPAD.neXt. It’s the most expensive of those three, but as far as I’m concerned and this is just my own opinion, AoH seems far too complicated to me at the moment and even though Linda is free it need FSUIPC and looks like it still has some way to go.

SPAD.neXt on the other hand was okayish to get into and I’ve finally completed what I would call my first installment of a profile for Aerosofts CRJ and the Virpil Mongoose throttle I own. I’m far from done, yet and it could be as well buggy here and there but it could serve others as an example and may save
some of you some time to figure certain events out, especially when you’re going to get into SPAD.neXt.

Active mappings so far:

*) B1 = Battery Master
*) B2 = AC
*) B3 = APU
*) B4 = Hydraulics (halfway working; the only flip down all at once, yet)
*) B5 = L / R Boost Pumps
*) T4 = Beaconlight
*) T3 = Nav lights
*) T2 = Strobe light
*) T1 = Landings lights
*) T5 = Autopilot Eng
*) T6 = NAV

*) E1 = set and change VS mode (set to Encoder dial and Delay in VPCs configuration tool)
*) E2 = set and change ALTmode (set to Encoder dial and Delay in VPCs configuration tool)
*) left dial on the throttle = adjust / set Heading bug; switchHDG/ Roll withthe button to the right on top(see VPC config above)
*) right dial on the throttle = set IAS; enable Speed with the button on top of the wheel (see VPC config above)
*) B6 = Master Warning / Caution reset

I tried to keep the button animations and lightings working. Some things, e.g. the flaps lever, the throttle and the now “heading” dial up left on the throttle still work through their settings from within MSFS itself.

Download it from here - .XML-files are not allowed here - and save it to your Documents\SPAD.neXt\profiles folder. Then restart SPAD.neXt.

2 Likes

as an addendum to my original post of why i chose SPAD.neXt over AAO, it’s the data / event viewer when you actually do something in your cockpit to see what LVARs and values are being used (here it’s the battery master, the AC, some light and finally starting up the APU for example):

i couldn’t find something like that in AAO or Linda.

This is great. So, say I want to assign a button on a controller for, say the FBW 320 APU Master…If I press the APU button in the cockpit with the mouse, would the LVAR pop up, and then, is it copy and paste to the profile? Forgive my newness…

If FBW uses LVARS it is exactly working like you described it. With the CRJ I’ve done it all like this.

1 Like

I’ve got most of it figured out, but I can’t get the Apu door to close. Any thoughts? Just figured it out. But…I need to figure out why my throttles aren’t moving in the CRJ…

1 Like

awesome… in regards to the throttles i actually don’t use spad.next as of now with my virpil since the msfs input setting were fine from the beginning on. ask someone on spad.next’s discord channel - they are pretty helpful over there.

1 Like