Spad.next scripts for new Honeycomb Alpha

Hi all, today my new Alpha yoke was delivered (xpc). Set up with standard GA planes was a breeze, with all switches and buttons working perfectly. Where I need some help is getting the switches to work with the PMDG 737-800. I know from reading other threads that I will need to use a 3rd party app (Spad.next or similar) but to be brutally honest, I installed Spad and spent an hour or so trying to work out how to use it but eventually gave up. I know I’m probably being lazy, but if anyone could help me with some simple scripts just to get the light switches on the Alpha working, I would be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance.

Happy flying…

SPAD is absolutely fabulous and quite easy to use. Have a look at Les O’Reilly’s video collection on the SPAD discord (look for them under the CRJ700 Alpha/Bravo and just copy the online profile across to the 737…Everything including thrust reversers if you have the Bravo, work superbly. It’s actually very easy to map all the buttons and switches on the Alpha too.
for the 737, you need to be in BETA mode in SPAD and use the 737NGX mappings

Thanks, I persevered again this morning and managed to get my head around things with some trial and error. I’ve now mapped most OH panel switches to the switches on the Alpha - my cold and dark start ups are now very efficient :relaxed:

I still don’t quite understand the Lvars element and how to find the codes - when I run data monitor it is blank?! But as I’ve got most things mapped now I think I’ll leave as is and get back to flying.

Cheers

1 Like