SPAD.NEXT spoiler won’t stow on FBW 320

Enjoying Spad very much. I can’t figure out why my spoiler axis setting won’t return to fully stowed. When I deploy spoilers, then return the lever to full up, I get a message on the FBW that my spoilers are still deployed. Visually they seem stowed, but I can’t arm the spoilers unless I use the mouse to move the spoiler handle all the way up. I configured the axis range and no other conflicts.

I think there might be some functionality missing currently with the spoilers. Seems to me to be always set in armed mode, can’t find a way to actually lower or lift the lever with the mouse. Also upon coming out of reverse thrust, ground spoilers will not retract out of deployed state until you move the lever to full then back again.

Plus with AP functioning you can actually get full deflection which shouldn’t be the case… this also has caused the auto throttle to switch to TOGA on me in the past… It will all get sorted out eventually.

If you‘re talking about the dev version:

For SPAD.neXt ensure that the correct events with the right parameters are sent, when SPAD.neXt sends the same as when it is assigned via MSFS there should be no reason why it doesn‘t work. But if that‘s not the case it‘s on SPAD.neXt side to fix it. The logic is as the physical lever, no arming without the level in stowed position. Now the 3D animation is not exact enough to judge this.

It wonders me that no operation with mouse should be possible. I tested this a lot and worked always very good. It get‘s overridden by any axis event though. So if your hardware is not that stable in position you will get a lot of events being sent to due to this which eventually overrides your mouse interaction.

The ground spoilers don‘t retract automatically when going out of reverse thrust on the real plane so…this is correct. What is enough though (when levers have been armed) is to disarm them.

On dev they will not deploy 100%, with AP engaged they will deploy 50% and with manual flight it will be 100%. This is not related to position of the lever in the cockpit, it‘s only visible outside…

Thank you for the responses. Late last night I found a solution- I added another command that forces the spoilers to fully retract when the lever is stowed. Works like a champ now. If anyone needs the exact solution I can post that later tonight.

1 Like

Interesting to read… will look into some things here on my end as well. Though yesterday, with the update that came to the dev version all the screens went black, EFB wouldn’t even turn on. I ended up removing it then installed the experimental version and all is working again. Might have another go with the dev version after the sim updates tomorrow.

Perhaps the retraction isn’t occurring for me on idle thrust because they are still armed, getting them disarmed is where I am having an issue. I don’t think I have a special key assigned to this task, will have to take a look. When you put your mouse on the lever are we to use the mouse wheel for this raising/lowering action? Thanks for your reply @AGuther

That’s interesting… I had the exact same problem yesterday evening. Black screens on the development version.

I had added some mods and played with the SDK, so I suspected those. Cleaned them out, deleted the SDK, but nothing.

In the end I tried the stable version, and then I had my screens back.

1 Like

You can assign a key/button to toggle arming the spoilers. I use an old CH Pro throttle mounted upside down on my desk- the levers are not mapped but the buttons at the terminator of each axis are- they act like on/off switches. So, using Spad (or you can also just use MSFS) you can program the arming/disarming of the ground spoilers.

1 Like

By the way, I switched back to the development version today, before the big sim update, and the screens were working again. After the sim update too.

Still a bit unclear if it was the switch to the stable one (and then back) that fixed it or not.

It was an issue in the build process that caused the issues.

Ah okay, thanks.

Is there somewhere a FBW page where these problems are listed when they occur? I’m not complaining, since it’s the development version… we’re warned… but in my case it wasn’t very clear if I had caused it myself or if it was the FBW version. Would have helped to know.

Very interesting to see that yesterday when doing some flights when I hover my mouse over the speed brake lever, the cursor turned into a hand! I wonder if something was bugged with the install on my end. Had never seen it lol. Never the less, ground spoilers working as intended, stowing when coming up out of revers thrust into idle! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I am new to spadnext and struggling with spoiler settings on fvpbw a320 Dev model. They are showings as armed or deployed but never diszrmed. Your code woukd be appreciated. fackprod@gmail.com

It might be a couple days before i can do this. You can check online snippets for the spoiler axis.