Spain Bush Flying Tour - Leg 2 - White Villages and Sandy Beaches

Flight Length: 136 nm; approx 2 hours and change
Altitude: 4500ft max, but mostly below
Aircraft Type: XCubs, Cessna 152, 172 or 208B, expect some short landings and takeoffs
Cruising Speed: around 100 ktas
Time & Weather Setting: somewhere between 10AM & 3PM at start should be fine; Scattered Clouds works best, but optional
Server: SOUTH-EAST ASIA
Start Time: 20:00 CET (19:00 ZULU)
Communication: MSFS Bush Pilots Discord Server event chat MSFS Bush Pilots

In the second leg of our Spain Tour, we start where we left off last time… in Gibraltar. Since the scenery was pretty much almost all flat in LEG 1, we´re going for a little mountain flying this time, passing over a few of the famous “Pueblos Blancos” (In English: White Villages) of Andalucía. There will be a lot of tricky landing opportunities along the way, until we arrive at Ronda, the alleged birthplace of bullfighting, where we can take a little break and enjoy some genuine Andalusian “Gazpacho” (Cold garlicy tomato/vegetable soup one eats on hot 40°C summer days), before doing a twisting valley run down to the coast, over a water reservoir and under a valley bridge. We then head on over to sunny Marbella, a favorite destination of expats from all across Europe, and also one of the photogrammetry cities in the game. We close the trip at the popular resort town of Málaga.

In-Flight Entertainment: The plan is to spot interesting places to land at along the way and wait for hilarity to ensue.

IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT LOADING FLIGHT PLANS. Due to the nature of how MSFS loads flight plans, if you load the plans in the sim, it will place you on the runway. If you CHANGE your spawn location, the flight plan will turn into a straight “DIRECT GPS” line flight. I suggest, leaving the flight plan as it is, spawn on the runway without any fear, but get out of the way ASAP and park somewhere nearby.

FLIGHT PLAN: see below
Spain Leg 2 - VFR Gibraltar AB (LXGB) to Malaga (LEMG).pln (16.2 KB)

2 Likes

A few more teaser shots

Gibraltar Español!!!

Hi, first time in my life I will participate to this tpe of event. Pretty much excited. I have a couple of questions:

1. Where do I set the server to SOUTH-EAST ASIA?
  2. Is there also a channel for chatting (live talking)?
    Thanks
    Nico

In the top right corner of the main screen it shows your info. Click on that and it will drop down. At the bottom is the drop down menu for servers. Hope this helps. If you’d like I have made a short 4 minute video on everything you need to setup for any group flights found on here.

Hi there. Voice chat is available through the MSFS Bush Pilots Discord server (see original post for link)

Just a kind and supportive shout out to fellow and FAB host and TFB Member, BigHerbieZoid

TFB wishes you guys today Cibi…a FABULOUS EVENT!

:slight_smile:

All very clear. Thanks for taking your time to do the video, much apreciate it. See us online in Gibraltar

Truly my pleasure and glad it helped. I am a long time sim/aviation fan but still fairly new to group flying and not exactly tech savvy by nature so please pass it along so simmers of all tech levels can enjoy these beautiful flights together.

Soon…

Great turnout! Thank you everyone for showing up! See you guys same time next week!

Was late joined on the last leg