Spain, Iberia pack ... second update 1.0.1 (March 27) hang

I got an second update today of the new world update 8 (Spain, Iberia …). The download progress until the same file hangs at decompression (microsoft-iberia-point-of-interest_1.0.1.fspackage.002). I delete the complete world update and re-download it again to be sure. It stuck again on that file. After some restart, it seems to have complete the update by parts ignoring that file. Even though MS says there is no more updates available, I am not sure if the pack is still valid.

I am wondering if MS does a checksum or something to validate the downloads. Is there a way to find out if all the files checkout ok ? MS need a separate utility to check the integrity of those updates.

I also had that second update, but I didn’t experience any problems.

Kilometers from Lisbon

I had it too. 2.6gb, no indication of what it was.

No issues downloading but by chance I’d fired the sim up with an empty Community folder, which is always a must.

1 Like
3 Likes

Thanks. It’s a bit hidden away in there!

1 Like

Ok a little bit of follow up on this issue. (just pass if not interested) I have flow to Lisbon Portugal (Iberia) and notice that some structures (bridges, landmarks) were pink. That indicate a problem with some data files. Retried with an empty community folder, same thing. It was not that. I delete the Spain-Ibera whole package and redownload the 4GB update again. Same issue, I got stuck in that same file (microsoft-iberia-point-of-interest_1.0.1.fspackage.002). Could not cancel the installation, neither the program. I had to kill the flight simulator.

I restart the program and the updates. It continue with the three airports include in the Update 8 (lppi,lpfr,lesu) with no issue not bothering with that series of “Ibera point of interest files” (4 of them). Then I notice that it didn’t download again those four files since they were already there , were dated 2 days ago and use it for the installation. Since I believe that the xx.002 file was corrected on MS server (?) but it didn’t download it. So I delete those 4 package files and relaunch the update again. This time it download those files correctly and the installation went without issue. No more pink buildings.

To summarize, so I think that this file was corrupted but was corrected by MS. It would not re-download it again since it was already there and try to install the old one again. I think the program should do a checksum every time if the files are not corrupted. Also, as a note, there shouldn’t be any “packages” files in the “…/official/one store” (non-steam) as it delete them once they are decompressed and install. If so, that means the update didn’t went through correctly. I found two other packages files from a few months ago (EGGP, EHRD airports). Not sure what happen for those.

1 Like

So an update to remove duplicated files involves another 2.8gb download! Yet again a mess in the release process - caused almost certainly by releasing too early and with insufficient testing. How I wish we could get away from these monthly releases. Am I alone in preferring quality over quantity?

1 Like