Spartan 7W "Executive" Work in Progress - HCG Digital Arts Ltd

Coming to a hangar near you!

3 Likes

Hi,

I have had the Spartan since its release and have found it a pleasure to fly once airborne. Marvelous for hi speed hand flying and sight-seeing.
I have noticed the following problems.

1. When opening g the weight and balance window you get a CG warning which cannot be adjusted. This does not seem to affect the flight properties.
  2. It requires almost full throttle to start taxying and the full brakes to slow it down. Basically, mad rush then stop, repeated for the full taxy process.
  3. When you use the GPS you cannot change the flightplan or use the “Direct To” function.
  4. The Brightness Knobs do not work.

Keep up the great work

I did not have a problem with either (I punched the flight plan to the GPS once in the cockpit, i.e. I did not use the MSFS flight planner to inject the planned route to the GPS). Direct To functions as well. May this be a problem of a 3rd party GPS or the newest WT GPS not being installed in the content manager? (I got both WT related GPS files installed).

They do. Are you sure the panel lights / cabin lights switches are in the ON position? They are located on the bottom-right of the panel.

when a plane is released as “work in progress” I’m always a bit taken aback. I really don’t think people should pay for being someone’s beta tester …

@Archer374 Not released as a WIP. It was finished. Newer video here. Spartan 7W "Executive" Official Release Trailer - HCG Digital Arts - 4K - YouTube

1 Like

Ok. Sorry. I misunderstood.

No worries.

It is a bit unfortunate that now we have three different threads related to the Spartan 7W Executive from HCG,

Yep, the “Work in Progress” was referring to the preview video. Maybe the mods could combine the three topics now.

Picked this up Tuesday and have flown it around a bit. It definitely has some room for tweaks around ground handling and the power curve, but the modeling is absolutely beautiful, and the handling in the air feels great. To the point that I’m thinking of buying one in FSEconomy because I plan to fly this a lot. :slight_smile:

I sent an email to HCG reporting the stopped prop visual animation and got a really wonderful response, and it’s really clear that the author is super-passionate about the project and is anxious to make people feel good about their purchase.

1 Like

Version 1.1 now available. Ground handling and taxiing addressed plus other fixes!