Specific CTD situation i was able to fix - 10013 A fatal error ocurred while creating an SSL client credential

Last week i experienced a lot of new CTDs on my system. I fixed it, so i hope this post can help others with this specific problem.

I encountered crashes mid flight, when checking Event viewer there was no MSFS crash logged like usual.
But there was another error at the exact time of the CTD:

Info – Schannel – Creating an SSL server credential.
Error – Schannel – A fatal error occurred while creating an SSL client credential. The internal error state is 10013

This error is normally a thing you only find on windows servers but somehow it was crashing MSFS on my system. What i did to fix this error:

How to solve “The internal error state is 10013” issue

Follow the steps below to solve this issue. If no more 10013 errors logged after performing these instructions, please make sure that all other applications and services you use in the server are working as expected.

Correct file permissions

Correct the permissions on the c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys folder:

Everyone Access: Special Applies to: This folder only
Network Service Access: Read & Execute Applies to: This folder, subfolders and files
Administrators Access: Full Control Applies to: This folder, subfolder and files
System Access: Full control Applies to: This folder, subfolder and Files
IUSR Access: Full Control Applies to: This folder, subfolder and files

After this i did a reboot of the system and i never experienced this problem again.