Spectr-Aero SP-30 by [Mad Flight Studio] development

Any updates on this @MadFlightStudio ?

I donā€™t know,

why all waste time creating that light toys??? Why some one donā€™t start with some medium or other higher class aircraft? All do that toys, I must say only Carenado do changes now hehe. Donā€™t we have that light toys enough inside MSFS???

Toys ? Airliners exists now because 2 brothers created one of those toys.

And this sim is perfect for toys, low & slow !!!

If you like going in big machines and let a computer flight for you, just donā€™t buy the toys.

6 Likes

A toy? Pal, we canā€™t even compare Carenado with the SP-30 in anyways. Two different schools of simming: one is a ā€œtoyā€ which is Carenado means that you donā€™t even need a checklist to fly the bird by numbers based on POH, you can even get to the red line in overspeed, CHT, gear down, flaps full down at 180kt and you wonā€™t get any damage, the FM wonā€™t even be affected! etc. It would be too long to talk about Carenado flight model and there are some reasons around if REP Simcoders has to re-create Carenado Flight Model to make it close to reality, so which one is a toy here? :wink: Itā€™s not critisism about Carenado of course, again the devs are honest (which is fully appreciated) quote: ā€œwe donā€™t do Study Levelā€ ā€¦ So letā€™s say that their birds are a gentle approximation of what the airplane is even if I guess that itā€™s better now with MFS2020.

Buddy, the Sp-30 by Mad Flight Studio wooow you have to respect her once you are in the Cockpit and even during the walkaround (all has to be checked oil, filter, engine)ā€¦ sheā€™s not that docile, you also have to pay attention to OAT ā€œbefore start engine checklistā€ and adjust your imputs after starting the engine unless she will cough and you will stall the engine, you canā€™t fly her in CB because of structural damage (same as in real life, same in Xplane), sheā€™s fragile thus you really have to keep an eye on your CHT during T/O and during cruising because she will present you the bill at the end of the day, coffins cost money! If you set the flaps down 10/15 kt over VFE then youā€™ll damage the flap, she will bank to the left or to the right and sheā€™ll be quickly out of control if you donā€™t to play right away with your throttles/stick/rudders and try to get it back on earth asap with a MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY to the ATCā€¦ and more items that will make my reply more longer than that! Again, which is the toy here? I guess we both have the anwser now if you allow me to put that way :slightly_smiling_face:
Iā€™m not the only one pilot (grounded) and passionate simmer who was impressed by the great work of the devs, trust me on that, they go deep in terms of Study Level.

And yes for VFR in MFS2020 this ā€œtoyā€ will be perfect to admire elephants, gnu, and girafe without bothering our cousins, the animals!
Happy Flyings, Beautiful skies ahead! :wink: :airplane:

9 Likes

Iā€™m positive on that! :+1:t2: :partying_face:

That looks like fun, especially if it is modeled as accurately as represented earlier in this thread.

However, Iā€™d want one of those AN-2s (is that what those are?) parked in the background, especially if the engine sounds are faithfully reproduced. Nothing sounds like a round motor! :smile:

2 Likes

I go on their Discord to ask :wink:

Yes, but not so presentable. And we must remember, that we working on An-26 and An-148 in the same time. When I found something to show, Iā€™ll do it:)

3 Likes

Why we need to model it twice? One for the screenshots (accurate) and one (low-grade) for the sim? :laughing:

2 Likes

Definitely not a toy but very much a detailed simulation and very immersive based on its iteration in X-plane 11.

An aircraft doesnā€™t necessarily have to be the size of a house and travel at supersonic speeds to be a worthwhile candidate for a flight sim.

Looking forward to it in MSFS.

3 Likes

One approach Iā€™ve seen (A2A), is to have both metric and imperial on the dials.

This looks like it will be a super nice plane, by the way! Any chance of a version with floats? :small_airplane: :smile_cat:

1 Like

Very nice plane, but I donā€™t want to buy it again. If you you are new to Flightsimulation, I higly recommend the SP-30.

1 Like

best engine simulation GA on X-Plane 11

2 Likes

How are things going with this? How is the SDK to work with. I hear many devs are saying it is very hard to work with.

Iā€™ll buy it again. (Would be nice if there was a little discount for current owners though) but Iā€™m happy to pay to move my favorite plane to fs2020. People should get paid for their work, and this model is worth it.

Also, Madflight support on discord is very good. I had a minor license problem one time and they fixed me up in minutes.

Canā€™t wait!

1 Like

Weā€™ll see. We are working on An-26 and An-148 for X-Plane mostly while waiting acceptable SDK for FS. Anyway we must provide all functions in FS like in X-Plane was.

2 Likes

Easily one of the best aircraft addons for X-Plane 11 and surely a favorite of mine, the Mad Flight Studio Spectr-Aero SP-30 will be a must have addon for MSFS 2020.

1 Like

Sounds like many devs are facing this! We patiently wait!

1 Like

So hows development going?

3 Likes

I was wondering as wellā€¦ Canā€™t wait for this little bird!

1 Like