Spectr-Aero SP-30 by [Mad Flight Studio] development

Hello!
We are Mad Flight Studio and we want to move our SP-30 from X-Plane to MSFS with a part of upgrades. It is one of the most detailed GA aircraft for X-Plane 11 to date.

Here you can see our promo for X-Plane: Spectr-Aero SP-30 by Mad Flight Studio [X-Plane 11] - YouTube

SP-30 is a 2-seater light aircraft with single engine propeller in weight category of less than 500kg. SP-30 is manufactured in Russia (upgraded version of the CH-701 plane). Field of usage: Educational purposes (highly suitable for teaching to fly aircraft, corrects most learner’s mistakes), Aviation-chemical works in farming (crop dusting, spraying fields for weeds, pests, insects, growth regulators, aerial sowing etc.), air patrol, air surveillance.

So, we will publish here a workflow updates and will discuss with you some features, which we want to add in MSFS version :sunglasses:

22 Likes

A lovely little plane, I look forward to flying it when your done.

1 Like

As you know on Discord I can’t wait for that! The best ultralight GA study level on Xplane!
Full of realistic features like flying the bird by numbers (so accurate) wear/tear/maintenance/failures/walkaround :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2:

Well everything we all need to get close to the reality!
Please Captains you should buy this bird right away once it will be released, it’s so worth it!!!

My wallet is ready to welcome the SP-30 on MFS2020, what such a great news that you guys are coming on this new sim!!! :+1:t2: :airplane:

4 Likes

SP-30 is born for VFR flights, with it’s strict stick & rudder philosophy and LARGE windows, and thanks to MSFS one’s eyes won’t bleed anymore flying low and slow in areas unaffected by ORBX. Waiting counting.

I just hope SDK will allow the devs to port its amazing flight model and realistic procedures.

6 Likes

I have this in X-plane and its fantastic WHEN the engine is running or in the air. I struggeld every time starting this thing up. Might be ralistic, but for this reason, its it back on the shelf in X-Plane. Since this is MSFS, please add accuracy as much as possible but also consider a shortcut, so one can enjoy a short hop after work. Thank you for all youre great work. Will buy it for sure.

1 Like

That’s strange, because as non-straightforward the startup is, once you learn the sequence it starts without any problems. Just make sure the fuel and filters are clean.

1 Like

Really looking forward to this. Bought it for Xplane and it rapidly became my favorite GA. It was very realistic and easy on frames too.

1 Like

So, friends. Here is 1st question. How do you think, do we need here an imperial gauges (airspeed, var, alt) if there is metric in original ones? In X-Plane version there was both with option to select what you need.
Why I ask? I found imperial indications in default garmin and what if we’ll make only metric gauges and smartphone on the top of flightdeck with garmin with imperial indications?

Upd: Here is a 5" optional smartphone with Garmin and few aids instead X-Plane’s GNS

3 Likes

I have many enjoyable hours logged wit your X-Plane SP-30, really great news to see this level of quality coming to FS. Personally I like KIAS, feet (ironically, I live in the matrix part of the world) etc but happy if you want to keep it all metric and original. :+1:

1 Like

Ok, let’s start to do something.

4 Likes

Sounds fantastic and so promising!!! (as usual with you guys!) can’t wait to get her in my hangar with only metric gauges or both, I don’t care, I know how to read my speed and my altitude anway evenif metric seems more appropriate and original for her case though! :wink:

1 Like

Closer to finish this part

2 Likes

One of my only reasons for installing X-Plane last year was for the release of this airplane! Very happy you are developing for MSFS. The best aircraft sim I’ve ever flown and as a real world Zenith 701 builder and flyer its spot on realistic in every way. Should be a huge success on MSFS. I would like a repaint of my 701 for this when you release!

Brian

3 Likes

Imperial Gauges

1 Like

Watching with anticipation

1 Like

Great progress.

At this rate we should be able to fly it in a couple of weeks. Let me know which day it will come out and I will book a few days off work.

Seriously, though, I’m really looking forward to it and given the standard you set in Xplane I am expecting great things.

As an aside, am I correct that at one time you were thinking of doing the Antonov An-26 for Xplane ? Possibly, I’m wrong but anyway this would also be a great aircraft for FS 2020 too.

Hint Hint :relaxed:

1 Like

Thank you!
Yes, we will make SP-30 as soon as MSFS allows to build a realistic dynamic. At this moment only me busy there (visual model). The programmer is working on An-26 for X-Plane and yes, we will move it to MSFS.
May be it can be faster (learning MSFS) with access to 3td party developer’s private forum, but one of moderators of this site told me, than it is impossible. I don’t know why. May be because we are not PMDG or A2A:) So we will study this new for us sim by our self :sunglasses:

6 Likes

BTY, it is done:)

4 Likes

Shame you haven’t got access to the developers’ private forum. Don’t give up trying though and don’t be shy in letting them know that you are a successful commercial developer.

Anyway, I suppose the SDK is still at an early stage so if we have to wait then so be it.

Good news about the Antonov AN-26. That should be worth waiting for as well.

3 Likes

Hi Captain!

What do you mean by that exactly “allows to build a realistic dynamic”? knowing that the dynamic/physics/aerodynamism are not really realistic yet in MFS2020 as it was supposed to be based on advertisings and knowing as well that the MFS devs are working to improve it based on the roadmap of the next update’s coming which is a good thing but let’s Wait & See.
Your statement is it about that? Means that the dynamics are not ready yet to welcome the SP-30 technically?
Can’t wait for this great bird, I miss “some realism” after a while flying MFS2020 in a row, even if it’s gorgeous outside i need to get back on Xplane (even if now it feels empty outside) just in order to feel my birds alive in a living atmosphere! :wink:

1 Like