Speed brakes cannot be toggled to deployed position on most Asobo aircraft after Sim 5 update

Yes I have the same issue, I can’t deploy the speed breaks or spoilers. Since the last update, using the same controllers or other such as Microsoft sidewinder .

1 Like

I noticed same issue, I’ve always deployed spoilers by pressing “s” on keyboard. No longer works on at least 5 planes I’ve tried since 07-29-21 update.

1 Like

Same issue here. Speed brake doesn’t deploy using the default mapping.

Thank you so much for your post. And here I thought I was the only one with the spoiler alert. I can stop burning up wheel brakes now. LOL

Using “Toggle Spoilers” command arms and disarms them, but won’t extend or retract. Lever does visibly move in cockpit in and out of armed position.

how do you split the assignments, i dont see spoiler up and a separate down

“Extend” and “retract” commands are the split version.

Hello, I am new to FS2020 and to this forum. Can you please tell me how I can post a new topic in this forum? I just don’t see any option to post, yet many users are posting somehow. Just need a little guidance. Thanks!

I managed to spit them too. In the second column, I assigned one button to extend spoilers and another button to retract spoilers. Works for me for now, however I would like to have that button back for other functions. Hopefully the next update will correct this problem.

1 Like

as you can see, i only have toggle

For some reason, that setting did not work for me. But thanks for the input.

Change the Filter on the left from “Assigned” to “All”

Changed the assignments as suggested and its working now. but instead having one key for toggel I now have different keys to extend and retract. Can’t understand why they needed to change this.

No way. After the last update, the air brakes (spoilers) can no longer be activated either with the keyboard or with the joystick. I’m talking about Cessna Longitude and Bombardier CRJ. I hope this failure will be corrected with the next MSFS2020 update…

Have same issue with a couple of jets A320 and Cessna Citation… .

After reading this thread, removed / from TOGGLE SPOILERS and added / as EXTEND SPOILERS in 2nd column and also set RETRACT SPOILERS as RIGHT-SHIFT + /, also in 2nd column.

Appears to be working now. Thanks for the pointers :grinning:

Thanks for this! It’s unbelievable all the little ways SU5 messed up the interface, who would have guessed this one?

I’ve tried every fix proposed in this thread, namely reassigning “toggle spoilers” to the “extend” and “retract” options, using both different key combinations on my keyboard and my HOTAS (Thrustmaster T.16000M + TCS throttle), in both/either the first or second columns. Nothing seems to be working on my end!

Have you tried 1.18.15.0 patch update ?

It’s fixed it for me back to ‘normal’ toggle behaviour now.

That is to say it works again however I still have an issue (which I’ve had since day one) that when inside cockpit the toggle button assigned on my game controller doesnt work at all while keyboard or mouse virtual toggle does. If I switch to exterior view on the game controller it works every time.

I have the 1.18.15.0 hotfix installed, but it did not fix the toggle bug for me. I was eventually able to assign “extend” and “retract” spoilers such that they worked, but it only came after several rounds of assigning and reassigning, and I’m still not quite sure what made the difference.