Speed issue during cruise. A32NX dev version

Hi guys,

I am flying a quite long route today with the A32NX from Gatwick to Aqaba. All was fine until I got to my cruise altitude and then I encountered some harsh winds for a bit and my speed went down drastically to 220kts…even when the winds stopped and the weather kind of calmed down, my speed would not go up again. In fact it carried on going down to nearly A floor at 37000 feet…anyone knows what I am doing wrong by any chance?? I find this really weird.

Many thanks

Martial

It’s possible this is aircraft performance issues related to the live weather issues people are experiencing today.

Can you check what is showing for your TAT/SAT temps?

I had to go down to 31000 feet to gain some speed…My TAT shows +5 which seems high to me. My SAT however shows -22…As I read your reply, my speed went right up to my normal speed all of a sudden after being stuck at 220knots for over 1h…

ISA is also +24…whaaat???

I have the same problem, it seem to be a bug with N1 when the speed decrease after a modification of the wind direction

Ah ok thanks I wasn’t aware of that issue. well after a while the speed eventually went back to where it should be…

But I agree it is also a meteo problem.

Also I don’t know if you guys are experiencing this but I seem to have to add fuel towards the last hour of my flights. Do you feel like your fuel is burning a lot quicker than it should? I left my departure airport with 15 tons of fuel which should more than enough…even more than my flight plan predicted…

Yes because when SAT and TAT are wrong then fuel flow increase to 9000kg/h for me. I stop to fly for today.

That makes sense…I mean kind of…let’s see if things get better tomorrow :confused:

I’m glad someone else also has this issue. Can’t get above 200kts at cruise level

Same problem here… this is reported to Microsoft already?

I am not sure it has…trying to have a look as soon as possible

I asked this on Discord and the answer was change to a weather preset. Live weather was having issues. it fixed the problem for me.

Oh okay I guess we will have to stick with that for the time being. The weird thing is I have just tried to run the simulator with REX weather force and it is doing the same thing…

It seems to be better in terms of climbing rate but the SAT and TAT are going through the roof still…very bizarre

Sure am glad this was posted, been trying to fly out of Boston Logan for two days now got to stay 100% throttle to cruising altitude, glad I’m not the only One

I’m having the same issue right now. Still not solved. However, I do not notice a significant difference in gs and tas