Spinning disk write indicator, or whatever it is: every one causes a brief stutter

The spinning graphic on the lower right of the display causes a brief stutter whenever it appears, and it can display quite frequently. If you have this have you come up with a way to eliminate the stutter, or the freq of activations of it? Some thought this had to do w/ loading scenery, others give evidence why this is not the case and suggest it it disk-write activity. I have a fast NVMe m.2 disk FWIW.

Thanks

I think it is from the Internet.
Check it with speedtest.net.

i have also experienced this problem! the curious thing is that if you turn on vsync in the nvidia control panel and keep this does not happen anymore!

That indicator appears for various reasons, some of which I have observed are tied to certain events:

Just before ATC communicates to me I can change frequencies.
When you land at an airport for the first time, and have slowed to <15kts.
When you turn on the AP, and also when you disable it.

As noted above, it’s usually shows up when you’re internet connection isn’t keeping up and it’s waiting to load more scenery. It may serve other purposes as well, perhaps loading any file in general. But mostly it’s loading scenery over your internet connection. So, yes, you’ll notice stutters because it’s prioritizing loading the scenery at that moment.

1 Like

absolutely not true! anyone who experiences this problem will notice that the wheel also pops up when turning the autopilot on and off on any aircraft! try it, and every time you turn the pilot on and off the wheel starts…I’ve only solved it by setting the nvidia control panel so that there is vsync on even in game. put 120FPS and it’s solved.

I wrote just that, above.

The spinning disk, in some cases not all, would seem to indicate when data is being written to your log book.

So autopilot on/off is altering how your flight hours are being written to your logbook, whether you are hand flying or not. Landing at a new airport you have never visited before is contributing to the “World Traveller” achievement of visiting 500 airports. So it’s not just indicating data exchange in the form of streamed scenery, its statistical things as well.

I don’t get any stuttering from this process at all, for the record.

How can you make such a weird claim just because it’s happening to you?
I’m only seing this sometimes on short final.
Not connected to the AP at all and no stutter on my machine.

It’s annoying as the white triangle on top of the screen whenever I’m moving the mouse.

try these settings in the nvidia control panel and tell me if you solve it! excuse me but my panel is only in italian… they are however in order compared to the panel.nvidia1 nvidia2 nvidia3

in flight simulator turn on vsync and set 30 or 60 fps…p.s. after the settings it is necessary to restart windows and flight simulator otherwise it does not work.

There is a mod for the toolbar handle, so it only pop up when you move your mouse to the top of the screen.

1 Like

we are talking about the rotating hourglass at the bottom right. not the fs panel in play

Yes, I’m talking about that too.

ah ok…scuse me.

Nothing to fix, as I said. I don’t have this stuttering issue. I was merely pointing out a few reasons why that spinning indicator appears.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.