SPITFIRE, FlyingIron or Areoplane Heaven

So I’m thinking of buying one of the Spitfires just can’t decide which one. FlyingIron has the heaps of reviews but not so many for Areoplane Heaven. Just Interested to know what people who own them think. FlyingIron is about $35 AUD and Areoplane Heaven is $49.50 AUD. I was thinking about the Corsair but I decided I want a Spitfire first. Not so concerned about the different models of Spitfire but rather the whole experience.

FlyingIron is so much better.

11 Likes

How so, is it the flight model, realism etc.

Better flight model, better sound, flame from the engines :slight_smile: and above all, care from a developer who actually communicates with his customers

12 Likes

Can anyone speak to the real life differences between the 2 models?

Much better visual quality, sounds, flight model. It’s just better in everything.
AH airplanes are just very substandard. Bad textures, awfull sounds.
They seems to be stuck in the past, they just cant reach the quality standards of new sim.

6 Likes

I stay away from anything Airplane Heaven does.
I purchased several in the FSX P3D sims, and none were much good.

3 Likes

I have the flying iron and can’t speak about the other one but I’m really happy with it. Flies really nice, is challenging at takeoff and landing, as you would expect and hope.

Can’t say I miss anything actually, engine failure is modeled, pretty much everything works. Sounds are nice. There’s fire coming out the exhaust when starting the engine :wink:

3 Likes

AH cockpit looks better in my opinion. Flying Iron cockpit looks a bit faded/washed out. I like flying both variants. Mk1A seems easier on take off but is likely lower power than the MK1X. ( possibly).

FlyingIron without a doubt. Better in everything.

2 Likes

The Mk IX introduced a much more powerful (over the V, which itself was upgraded over the I) Rolls-Royce supercharged engine which also meant it had a longer nose. It was capable of 1650-1700 Horsepower, quite a bit more powerful than the predecessor V, the reason for the update being they needed to better compete with the 190. Unlike the I-V which had 2 blade propellers, the Mk IX had 4 blade constant speed propeller and 2 big symmetrical radiators for cooling. The Mk I had fabric aileron, elevator and rudder whereas the Mk IX had metal ailerons (though it might have had fabric rudder and elevator, I forget if that changed from the Mk V.) There are undoubtedly more differences inside and out, but those were the key differentiators.

Addon-wise, I think if you’re a big fan of the Spitfire, both the Ia and IXc are potentially worth having in your hangar, but I would agree that FlyingIron has done a superior job in nearly all regards in representing this legendary aircraft.

5 Likes

+1 for the FlyingIron Spitfire from someone who owns both.

4 Likes

FlyingIron have great support - I pinged gotgravel on their discord about an issue with the canopy simvar and he had a quickfix for me within half an hour…

They seem committed to regularly improving the model as the sim improves too, so it’s an aircraft I’m very happy to have purchased and is one of my favourites.

4 Likes

I own the FlyingIron Spit and enjoy it a great deal. I recommend you get it from the developer and not the Marketplace if you want the option of having visible cannons. The marketplace doesn’t permit visible weaponry.

4 Likes

And that improvement was rolled into the very next hotfix they’ve been working on for a month, and was out like a day later. The FlyingIron team is great - transparent, responsive, easy to interact with, and they make great planes. I have both the Spit and P-38L and love them. I can’t directly compare to the AH Spit, but the FI is excellent.

5 Likes

different models but yes, definitely FI

3 Likes

So I bought the FlyingIron Spitfire. Had a heap of fun flying around Cairns (YBCS) and Townsville (YBTL) this morning. Definitely a handful at take off but the landings were better. Thanks everyone for helping me deciding.

9 Likes

I’m not able to click any of the options on the ipad though.

Do you have the heavy division 787 mod? If so, there’s a conflict and you have to remove the mod.

2 Likes

I think so, I will try remove that.