Spitfire IX- Engine quits always above 15000 Ft

Please, Need help: Engine quits always above 15 000 Ft.
-In Assistance menu, in submenu Failure and Damage : Engine &Aircraft Stress Damage is disabled, Icing effect only on demand (there is no Disable option available).
-For climb never exceed Engine Limitations (2650 RPM & 8 psi BOOST)

• Start Airport- (VNLK, 9340 Ft)
    Thanks.

Turn fuel pump on.

Thanks for tip. Unfortunately does not work. Engine quits despite fuel pump being switched on.
Could There be another relevant setting in simulator for (Spitfire IX) Icing Condition? Supercharger on? High Altitude? Climb to high Altitude?
Thanks.

You need to turn on the fuel pressurisation knob. In the manual: https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ap24J-474B00gfE4Gfpkj6b7XhNPJQ?e=wiP6rL

1 Like

Are you sure you have the fuel pressure pump engaged above 12000 feet? Believe it’s bottom right.

Yes, the switch marked with the number 5 (picture “Port Controlls”, Page 11 of the Manual posted).
M.

No. It’s switch number 22 on page 10. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

I think everybody who has flown the Spit has had an engine shutdown at altitude at some point. Been flying it for ages and still do it from time to time :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks one more time.
Please, do you have any tips & tricks for yoke & Pedals sensitivity setup?
(Use Saitec Pro Flight Yoke+Pedals System)

Fuel pressurisation, bottom right in your cockpit.
It’s correctly modelled. Your fuel evaporates at altitude if tanks not pressurised.

What I’m seeing recently is instant shutdown on runway if doing a “straight to flight” rather than cold start. - caused by the throttle being at zero when loading into the flight. You either need to cold start or be really quick throwing the throttle forward to get a positive value registered as you load into the game.

What’s the highest altitude you’ve flown the IX ??
I got to 30000 feet.

OK, finally got to 43.3k feet altitude!!!
(Manual says max ceiling is 44K - so a pretty good result)
A question on the HUD gauges…
The Airspeed shows Knots but what is the inner number dial?? (knots to mph is 1:1.15 so that doesn’t seem to match)
Also the Engine. The outer arrow seems to be the throttle opening (?) and the inner the engine revs. Is that correct?
Thanks.
Ken