đź“ŚSquall in Nepal - Gunpilot's Challenging Flights

Welcome to the 114th flight event across the GUNNER DOWNUNDER series. This flight will be conducted in the Nepalese Himalayas, and is again guaranteed to give you more of the unique and challenging flight experience that you have come to expect from Gunpilot’s flight events.

Well guys (and gals)…this flight will really put yout ability to fly VFR while in IMC to the test as we attempt to navigate our way through the Nepalese Himalayas to our final destination of Katmandu.

The challenge in this event will be to conquer treacherous high winds, swirling clouds and driving snowstorms while landing at both gazetted airstrips and remote off field landings in inhospitable and unforgiving terrain.

Extreme conditions will be encountered in this flight, with breathtaking scenery revealing itself as you fly in, above, below and out of clouds and driving snow that is being swirled around the mountains by a southerly wind of about 15-20 knots strength.

This flight will have you repeatedly depending on your onboard Garmin synthetic view to negotiate your way thru the mountains to get to your final destination. Definitely bring your A game along for this flight, anything less will see you becoming just another aviation statistic in a long list of calamatious events in this region.

This event will be run twice during this week so fly either one or, if you are a glutton for punishment (or just love the challenge), fly both flights…

Again, a packaged up WEATHER file has been developed and included along with the flight plan, negating any need for anyone to dial in weather settings, as well as ensuring that all pilots are experiencing exactly the same (horrendous)weather conditions. Weather Preset file is located in #gunpilots-events (click GUNPILOT’s Server to be taken there). Extract file into your Community Folder prior to launching your sim for the flight.

REMEMBER: In these flights the Grand Caravan is the aircraft to fly in.

When:Tues 7th Feb 2023 @ 2300UTC and again at the usual time of Fri 10th Feb 2023 @ 2300UTC

Where: Nepal

Flight Duration: Approx 2.5hrs (depending on numbers attending)

Aircraft: Cessna Grand Caravan - if you have a different favorite aircraft then leave it in the hangar for this event (as always, as flight planned around Caravan performance)

Server: SOUTH EAST ASIA

Discord Server: GUNPILOT’s Server Click on this link and you will be sent a very welcoming INVITE that will enable you to fully participate in the radio chatter with all the other pilots in the flight

Voice Chat accessed by clicking on Comms Radio (edited)

RECOMMENDATIONS
Cessna Caravan as all landing and other challenges built into flight are
tailored for this aircraft specifically. If you arrive in another aircraft type you will be ignored…

Turn Damage mode off as you will most likely suffer at least hard
landings if not full on crashes

Bring plenty of Duc Tape for running repairs

Crash Helmets are optional, Prayers are advisable

Embrace “SLEW” as it will be your friend by the end of the flight

Practicing to make Caravan landing approaches at IAS of between 40-50knts max will see you nailing difficult landings with ease and precision.

If you are new to these Gunner Downunder Challenging Flights, ensure you download the Caravan mod which can be found in the add-ons-and-downloads channel (mod is pinned to the top RHS of this channels screen) in Gunpilot’s Server. Download and extract into your Community folder and you will have the real life SUPPER 900 kit that is installed by Texas Turbine Coversions in the USA. Improved performance both in the air and on the ground.

images1

Again, a packaged up WEATHER file has been developed and included along with the flight plan, negating any need for anyone to dial in weather settings, as well as ensuring that all pilots are experiencing exactly the same weather conditions. Weather Preset file is located in #gunpilots-events (click GUNPILOT’s Server to be taken there). Extract file into your Community Folder prior to launching your sim for the flight.

Load this file into your sim
Squall in Nepal.pln (6.5 KB)

Load this file into LNM

Squall in Nepal.lnmpln (5.0 KB)

Again, a packaged up WEATHER file has been developed and included along with the flight plan, negating any need for anyone to dial in weather settings, as well as ensuring that all pilots are experiencing exactly the same weather conditions. Weather Preset file is located in #gunpilots-events (click GUNPILOT’s Server to be taken there). Extract file into your Community Folder prior to launching your sim for the flight.

I’m a total newby, so forgive my ignorance. I’m very interested in your group flight but the strangest thing has happened - the Cessna Grand Caravan is no longer available in my Steam version of MSFS 2020. In researching it, I came across one comment about it being “archived” and not available. I had purchased the Kokiak 100, which seems very similar to me but I have nothing to compare it to. Is that acceptable?

Thanks. Bill Branham