Square looking navigation and strobe lights on AI planes

How exactly?
Where and what needs to be corrected? :thinking:

So depends on how you import themā€¦ I use legacy importerā€¦ it will create a few cfg filesā€¦ in the systems area is where the lights section isā€¦. Itā€™s some trial and error involved to get them where they need to be(most of them are really close) also I did some editing of the lightmaps that come with the plane texturesā€¦ ie TFS dash 8s need to play around with the light map and shade parts out ā€¦ Iā€™ll try to send you something later when Iā€™m at my laptop. Iā€™ve done a lot manually got them pretty close to where the lights are located in about 95% of AI aircraftā€¦ one questionā€¦ what are you using for AI?

There is a topic about lights and lightmaps on AIG forumsā€¦ it explains a bit about this topic as well

For AI traffic I use AIG
I would be very grateful if you could send me your work at my email v.eugenijus1976@gmail.com! :+1:

Link please :wink:

Does anyone know if there is a fix coming for this, itā€™s getting frustrating now. Thereā€™s the boxy lights issue and the fact other aircraft in the air disappear when you pan around and they move into the curve (on my G9 monitor).

Is there a GPU tweak at least?

Iā€™m honestly surprised this isnā€™t getting more votes. It canā€™t be that thereā€™s this little people playing at resolutions higher than 1080p.

2 Likes

I would like to know this too if anyone tested this in SU10 beta
That issue is really annoying. On the PMDG 737 the Landing lights are even affected which looks like ā– ā– ā– ā– 

They seem to be a little better using quality DLSS still a bit glowy

I canā€™t see that imageā€¦ itā€™s invalid

Was just a gif of some still slightly blobby lights, Asobo have made some great improvements as of late. The excess glow is gone depending on your anti-aliasing settings however this has affected view distance for 1080p users, I suspect a little more tweaking and a middle ground will have to work.

Has this been fixed in the latest update?

I havent had time to update yet.

Has there been any improvement to this in SU11? This also affects the lights being too bright during daytime. Total immersion killer.

Itā€™s very needed to be fix, please !

I wonder if any of the coming updates will include a fix for this. Hopefully now that there are so many AI traffic options this will get more attention.

TBH honest, AI lighting needs to be re done, its inconsistent, Fs traffic doesnā€™t have any lights at night for some reason

This has been happening to me after installing some 3rd party aircraft, once they are uninstalled all is goodā€¦