SR 22 operational ceiling?

I just did a flight today over Montreal in Quebec and I was able to climb to 33,000 feet. The temperature here is cold. I didn’t load the aircraft and I leaned as I was climbing. But I do suspect that There is flaw in the flight model of the aircraft. I read online that the ceiling of the SR 22 aircraft is about 17,500 feet . But is this ceiling made only for oxygen requirement or is this the operational ceiling of the aircraft? I know Above 13,000 feet you must have an oxygen supply at all times. However, I think you need a turbine engine to climb at those altitude.

Thank you for your post! Your topic has been moved to a sub-category of the User Support Hub

The General Discussion category is meant for discussions that fall outside of our other sub-categories.

If you would like other users to help you with an issue you are experiencing in the sim, consider these User Support Hub categories for your future post:

Aircraft & Systems
ATC, Traffic & NAVAIDs
Crashes (CTDs)
Hardware & Peripherals
Install, Performance & Graphics
Scenery & Airports
User Interface & Activities
Virtual Reality (VR)
Weather & Live Weather
Miscellaneous

No - this is the G6 Turbo-normalized (not turbo-charged) version of the SR-22. Which means it will hold full sea-level power up to it’s critical altitude, which is 20,000’. It’s actually rated to service ceiling of 25,500’.

You can fly it higher than that (as you have), but you will see reduced performance at that point.

The optimal cruise power setting is to set 30.5" Manifold Pressure and then Lean to 17-18 GPH - use the blue line on the Green Mixture range. You will vary in KTAS depending upon altitude and wind speed/direction, but it’s not unusual to see 190-200 KTAS at the upper end of the altitude range.

Thank you now it makes sense. Yeah, if I remember, at 33,000 feet the manifold pressure was reduced to 19 inch of mercury, which gave less than 50% of power left. but with The air being so rare at this altitude, I don’t think somebody could still maneuver the aircraft.