SR22T - blank EIS display on PFD in revisionary mode

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO and Community folder cleared of packages

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

SR22T version 0.2.12 and WT G1000NXi 1.3.8. MSFS SU15 version 1.37.8.0

Brief description of the issue:

Turning on BAT 1 powers PFD, which should show an EIS data column including Engine button on softkey panel. See screenshot and mouse hand pointing at a completely blank EIS panel.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Turn on BAT 1 switch, see PFD powers on in revisionary mode and MFD goes to boot screen awaiting key press.

2. PFD in revisionary mode is showing a BLANK panel above Engine softkey. This panel should not be blank and should show engine and electrical data.

3. Turn on BAT 2, PFD still shows blank EIS column.

4. Press Engine softkey on PFD. See Engine, System and Back shown on PFD softkey row.

5. Press rightmost softkey on MFD to exit MFD bootscreen. MFD now shows EIS data.

6. See blank EIS panel on PFD removed but Engine, System and Back still shown on PFD softkey row. Need to click Back softkey to change softkey row to standard PFD softkeys selection. Should Engine, System and Back softkey row be removed to show standard softkey selection on PFD when not in revisionary mode after activating MFD.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Intel i9 10900K, 32GB system Ram, GeForce 4090, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX12

Are you using DLSS?

NO

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes (FYI I am on Beta 1.37.9.0)

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I wonder if this issue is related to the existing Bug pertaining to the wrong power source feeding the PFD/MFD; BAT2 should turn on the PFD. BAT1 should turn on the MFD. See here:
SR22T G6 - BAT2, BAT1 & AVIONCS Switch functionality is incorrect
Also, I went through the POH checklist again and selected BAT2 only, waited for thing to stabilize and then cycled twice the DISPLAY BACKUP button located between the PFD and MFD (see attached pictures - red arrow) and the EIS was displayed correctly on the PFD.??

If I turn BAT2 OFF and then ON, the PFD EIS reverts to blank/missing.

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

No

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

As additional information, I can reproduce this issue in SU14 1.36.2.0 and G1000NXi version WT 1.3.3.

1. Turn on BAT 2 and then immediately turn on Avionics Master before the PFD gets to reversionary mode.
  2. PFD and MFD both power on to boot mode showing Garmin logo.
  3. PFD eventually goes to reversionary mode with a blank EIS data block.
  4. Turning off Avionics Master sometimes results in the PFD EIS block displaying, but this is intermittent.

Basically, if the MFD is also powered up before the PFD has reached reversionary mode, the PFD EIS panel is blank. I only discovered this because I got an Alpha Yoke device and accidentally left the physical BUS1 switch on between flights while turning on BAT 2 so MFD was already active when PFD was booting up.

The issue in SU15 beta and the G!000 version WT 1.3.8 is that the dev team has the PFD and MFD turning on at the same time if you press BAT 2 as per the checklist. I’m told this behaviour is more accurate to real world. SU14 behaviour, where turning on BAT 1 or 2 only powers the PFD and you have to turn on Avionics Master to power the MFD is not realistic. This means that the blank EIS bug will always happen in SU15 beta because the latest updates to G1000 and SR22T realistically model the power up sequence of PFD and MFD coming on at the same time.

Working Title is aware of the issue.

1 Like

Not mentioned in any changelogs but the blank EIS bug is fixed in G1000NXi WT 1.3.9. Issues with PFD not clearing the Engine and System softkeys once MFD is active remains and is a known issue.